Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV5000i Statesman

farbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV5000i
Hey all. Very new to forums so hopefully I've worked it out right. I have an SV5000i that has been parked up for a few years and now have some time to spend on it. Before I pour my heart and soul into it I wanted to get an idea of if it is a sort after model and where I can find out more about them. I'd also love to make sure it's all the real deal. The VIN numbers on the plate under the windscreen match up with HSV but I wouldn't know where to start looking for the numbers stamped into the bodywork. Any info would be greatly appreciated

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS II Statesman (With a SunRoof ;)
Not too sure if im correct or if this helps but there should be a Body number stamped in under the driver's seat, if you slide it all the way back and lift up a small flap of carpet

farbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV5000i
Unfortunately no joy. I had a look and found nothing visible. Nearly the entire floor is covered by a 5mm thick sound deadening medium. I would hope that the factory would leave a window in it around the numbers if they are here similarly to the clearance left around mounting bolt holes ect.
Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
You should be able to find out quite a bit on wikipedia and the official holden site.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The only "body" ID is under the left headlight. It's the body number tag "L123456" should match the last bit of your VIN under the screen.

You may also find a build sheet under the carpet on the passengers side. (can slip back to the rear.)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Dunno about "sort after" as such. It would be a desirable model for a neesh??spelling market. I wouldnt be spending a heap on it to try and sell it off at a profit. What you do to it will be for yourself and to make it what you want it to be.