Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 3inch exhaust

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey,

I've noticed a heap of people are asking about exhaust setups for their car. and most people recommend 2.5inch or what not. so from that i decided to go all out and see what i came to. althought i'm preparing my car down the track for some more serious mods.

Anyway... i ended up getting...

Ceramic coated pacies (standard size not the supercharger size) then it was twin 2.5inch piping into 2 cats then merging (about halfway down car) into a single 3inch pipe. straight through out the back. althought i've got a varex muffler on the end. and open = straight through and closed = well... muffler.

Now when it was open. holy crap. loud is a understatement. burbles and idles loud and i love it. and sounds awsome to me up till about 3000rpm then it gets about twice as loud and raspy and rather... as my mate put it... RX7 rotary. haha. When the muffler is shut it gets a lot quieter but you can still hear my exhaust and you still hear the raspy.

Then i decided i'd put a 18inch by 3inch hotdog in. didn't do squat so the exhaust guy offered to give me his saved hotdog... thingy... its 24inch long and about 6inch in diameter. same style as hot dog. just a lot bigger. now this made a massive differance. its a respectable noise level now. but still gets raspy at 3000rpm but no where near as bad. and when its shut. well its almost stock quiet. almost. although with trained ears you can hear the raspyness.

Now i haven't driven my car in about 4months. lack of licence. so forgetting how it sounds and goes. and the amount of drone. as i remember i got k/n filter and 2 hole mod at same time and well either my imagination it picked up throughout rev range but mainly top end.

As for cost... well theres a nice big story to that speedies near roadie road roundabout did all but the headers... and costed me 1450. they also ended up blowing my pcm aircon fuel gauge etc. cost me 2500 but managed to force them to pay. then went to a1 performance at brendale. that cost me about 500install cause had to add a bit of pipe + extending leads for the plugs (which throws codes.....) and added that massive resi. and the pacies cost me say 400 then 300 for the coating.

Dont get me wrong. i know for a fact its WAY to big. but i intend to spend some decent coin in this car. s/c, cam, etc etc. and i just wanted to see what it was like as i haven't heard of anyone doing it yet.

Cheers,
Chris

RFish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Sounds good mate, sounds like you know your stuff, saw a youtube video with a system like yours and it sounded like a beast haha. Could you get a video up and post the link on this thread?
Cheers mate.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
u can buy off the shelf twin 2.5 into single 3 inch on ebay by redback, also, not an abba fan does twin 2.25 into single 3 inch. i dont think there is anything new about this exhaust setup

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
2 Hole mod? I thought with the pacies and all the other very expensive shiny things, a mace pod kit would be the best option.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Well my setup was insanely loud thus i assumed not many people would do it and cause its way over sized... I'll get a video clip on monday as i currently dont have a decent camera to record unless you want phone quality. and i'm away on holiday this weekend so i'll do it monday.

WogBoyz
One thing mate lol the alloytecs dont have leads.

By leads i ment the cable that goes to the sensors the sensor had to be relocated and the cable wasn't long enough so it had to be lengthened.

CRUSTIN
2 Hole mod? I thought with the pacies and all the other very expensive shiny things, a mace pod kit would be the best option.

Yeah possibly. but i've heard bad things about it, and i've only heard great results about 2hole mod. which is a LOT cheaper. haha.