Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 auto's

V

VC Eight

Just picked our new SV6 auto this afternoon. It's the first I've actually driven anything with the new 5 speed auto, as the dealer only had a manual to demo.

Do they all sound they belong in a truck, or is this one just a dud. Only done 50 km's since i picked it up, hopefully they get better after some gentle running in.

Otherwise happy with the rest of the car. Anyone else's impression or opinions welcomed.

BobT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
My SV6 is a quiet as a baby. Too quiet actually. If it sounds like a truck, you've got problems.

Mind you, above 4,000rpm it roars but I wouldn't take it up there too much until it gets more than 5,000km on the clock. Mine loosened up quite a bit after 7,000km.

After it's run in, try it on power shift. You roar into a corner foot to the floor. You back off and hit the brakes. The power shift hold the gear. Engine keeps roaring. You round the corner and floor it again. Magic!

V

VC Eight

Heaps of mechanical gear-train noise, only really noticable from take off or low speeds. I've got a 40 year old Valiant with a torqueflyte auto that puts it to shame.

The rest of the car is pretty quiet which probably makes it seem worse. Buts its probably something you just get used to.

Operation of the transmission is great and is big improvement over the old 4 speed auto's, can't wait to get a few k's on it and have a play!

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
there must be something major wrong dont know why though. had our sv6 since early december and its had no problems or noises. Last week she got pushed up to 190 kms over taking up a hill getting up to 6500rpm not a single problem she flew. no noises must be something not right with yours. ours is red must be why it goes faster :p .