Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Badges

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hey guys,

After a while of thinking about this I figure I will put this question and opinion to you guys here. As I'm aware the sv6 badge is only a boot badge am I correct? What I would like to do is get a set that's the same size of the SS door badge and put those on my doors. My reason behind this is that imo the sv6 just looks plain on a side view compared to a SS I have seen a couple of sv6's with the badge under the front indicator but never on the back door, it may sound strange to say that it looks plain on the side view but for some reason the SS badge on the back door breaks up the side view of the car. Before I get asked the question why don't you use the sv6 you have on your boot question, my answer to that is that its too small for a door badge imo when you compare it to the SS.

Providing on the feedback here I might ask the fella who's making the ss key rings in another thread see if he can cnc a set. For the record I'm wanting to do this purely out personalization and the fact I haven't come across a current sv6 with this only older sv6/s pac models.

Cheers.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
was just about to respond saying the new badges would be the same size as the boot...
then saw saw you'd get a set cnc'd...
don''t see a prob with it

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've been thinking about doing the same thing, putting SV6 badges on the side like the SS badges, just to break it up a bit, and for something different.

If you end up getting badges made or what not, make sure you upload pics! :) haha

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
I just took all my badges off, there's more shiny paint underneath!!

I s'pose it's all down to personal preference :)

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
I love the look of the SS badges on the side so I agree with snips, go for it. I think you might garner enough pre orders from other SV6 orders to be able to place a half decent order with a company that can CNC or plasma cut them for you. There are personalised plasma cut places in Brisvegas. All you need is the image or a 3D badge they can scan.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Have you bought the boot badge (SV6) and tried it on the door for size? Their size can be deceiving to the eye. My boot (SS) badge is the same size as the ones on the doors. Yet in the later models the new SSV badge (the SS part) is alot smaller and not as noticable. However the new SSV (Redline ones) looks the goods as the V is in red.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I've seen some sv6's with standard sv6 badges stuck on rear door...
definitely too small... they look a bit funny

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Have you bought the boot badge (SV6) and tried it on the door for size? Their size can be deceiving to the eye. My boot (SS) badge is the same size as the ones on the doors. Yet in the later models the new SSV badge (the SS part) is alot smaller and not as noticable. However the new SSV (Redline ones) looks the goods as the V is in red.

I've seen some sv6's with standard sv6 badges stuck on rear door...
definitely too small... they look a bit funny

I haven't bought one as of yet I am going to though and i"ll post a pic to give you guys an idea but agreeing with damirgenije about the size of the current boot badge it would look off imo.. once I get myself a boot badge I will be calling up a few cnc places, I believe there is one near tullarmarine sent some jobs that way when I was a first year apprentice from memory it looked to be a good place. Yeah the more I think about it the more I want to do this, so hopefully all goes well I'll get some quotes if there's enough interest on here maybe we could whip something up depending on price as well being that two has to be made for each car by X amount of cars and the type of material involved.. Unless if I get talking to decider on this forum maybe we could work something out there, since he's doing the keychains...

In the mean time could someone with an SS get the dimensions of there door badge length, width and thickness of the badge if possible? Just thinking to replicate the boot badge the "SV" needs to be powder coated in some way as the "6" is polished metal... Or for money factor/time consumption be easier to have it all a polished finish?