Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 bumper on 2008 Omega

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I bought my car with one of those roobars. It's currently in the shop having that removed, and an SV6 bumper put on.

I had this thought though that maybe it won't look right? Will my Omega look awesome or **** with SV6 bumper. i.e. It will have everything else Omega. It will have Omega rear bumper and no rails or body kit on the side. The only thing I'm changing is the bumper. I've got the grills and bezels. It also had spotlights previously on the roobar with a switch in the cabin to on/off them. I'm hoping that I can get lights for the SV6 bumper and wire them in seeing that the wiring was already there for the previous lights.

Any comments on adding this bumper?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
I bought my car with one of those roobars. It's currently in the shop having that removed, and an SV6 bumper put on.

I had this thought though that maybe it won't look right? Will my Omega look awesome or **** with SV6 bumper. i.e. It will have everything else Omega. It will have Omega rear bumper and no rails or body kit on the side. The only thing I'm changing is the bumper. I've got the grills and bezels. It also had spotlights previously on the roobar with a switch in the cabin to on/off them. I'm hoping that I can get lights for the SV6 bumper and wire them in seeing that the wiring was already there for the previous lights.

Any comments on adding this bumper?

It looks fine, in my opinion, I have done the same mod with changing the rear diffuser and exhaust system to a quad type, use a relay for your foglights also.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
They don't look right at all in my opinion check this ebay listing: ebay

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
They don't look right at all in my opinion check this ebay listing: ebay

Yeah it doesn't look right in my opinion either.

I've messaged the guy doing mine to STOP and that I'll drop in the standard Omega bumper to paint and fit instead.

What was I thinking....

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Good call... remember you could get a calais bar...

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Why let others influence you? Your driving your car not them..... Anyways I think you will regret putting the omega front bar on

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
Good call joe, stock front bar looks much better on the omega..
It actually looks worse having something trying to look like something it isn't I recon... Like chev badges on an SS lol..

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Good call joe, stock front bar looks much better on the omega..
It actually looks worse having something trying to look like something it isn't I recon... Like chev badges on an SS lol..

Thanks mate. Exactly my thoughts. I don't want it to be trying to look like something it's not. I'm pretty particular too, so I reckon I would have been looking at it when I got it back thinking 'what have I done' and I would have taken it back anyway.

I still might try to get some Berlina fog lights for it though (apparently they slot into the Omega bumper) as when I bought it, there was two huge spotties stuck on the roobar.. so the wiring is all there.

I was driving a 98 VT commodore for 9 years before I bought this. I'm back driving it until I get my car back from the shop. I can't wait to get it back.. hate driving the VT again!! I haven't had that many cars in my life (as you can tell by having the VT for 9 years) so I feel like I'm driving a limo in this car with power windows, buttons on the steering wheel, auto headlights etc etc.. it's like a limo... to me anyway :)