Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 commodore ute clicks when trying to start

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 holden VE commodore sv6 ute
Hey guys and gals,

When I try to start my 2010 commodore ute sv6 it clicks and doesnt start. Does anyone have any pointers as to what I might be??
I tried to jump start and nothing. I have radio and lights though wont start. Had to clutch start though hear it's bad for the car.
Thanks
Matt

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sounds like a starter motor or starter relay problem. Sometimes it's an indication the battery is bad too but we can kinda eliminate that if you tried to jump it although sometimes you need to leave the other car connected to charge the flat battery a bit before it will turn over properly.

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 holden VE commodore sv6 ute
Sounds like a starter motor or starter relay problem. Sometimes it's an indication the battery is bad too but we can kinda eliminate that if you tried to jump it although sometimes you need to leave the other car connected to charge the flat battery a bit before it will turn over properly.
I've just recently had my harmonic balancer replaced and issue has only happened since this was replaced. The car started a few times recently though this time it didnt start at all even with trying to jump start it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm not intimately familiar with the alloytec wiring looms but have a look around the harmonic balancer for loose wires or plugs and earth points that may have been removed to facilitate the balancer removal, failing that my first port of call would be the starter relay.