Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Diff LSD?

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
From what I've been told "high performance" is the open diff fitted to any S series car.

maltese2please

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr II bt1
my mate has a vy sv6 (not sure of the year ) his is a single spin all the time and says high performance.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
nice thread dig

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
VY SV6 Do not exist.. Its either a VY 's' pack or a VZ SV6 & VZ SV6s should all have LSD standard, this is part of what makes it soo SV6'ish as opposed to Executive..

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
VY SV6 Do not exist.. Its either a VY 's' pack or a VZ SV6 & VZ SV6s should all have LSD standard, this is part of what makes it soo SV6'ish as opposed to Executive..

that would be incorrect, only sv6's built after may 05 i believe had lsd and side airbags factory, before that it was optional

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i started a thread on this earlier on in the VZ threads section...seeing as though i have a poverty pack ute i really had no idea..being a base model i didn't expect an lsd...being a ute..i sort've wondered if it had an lsd due to the weight difference on the rear wheels...i have the exact same diff and tag...torquative was saying that those big letters BB mean its a slippery diff...and i believe him..when i had my car on the grass it rained over night and went all muddy n boggy...one wheel slipped constantly the whole way when trying to back the car off the grass in the morning...therefore a slippery diff...im pretty sure all that tag is saying is to use a high quality oil in it...if your looking to do an oil change in your diff, you can use limited slip oil in a slippery diff no problems..but definatly not the other way(you can't put conventional diff oil in a LSD)...trust me mate, that diff is slippery....and if in doubt, rip up a burnout(legally off course)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i have a feeling the 'High performance" single pegger might be a 8inch diff, compared to the standard single peggers 7.5", LSD diffs are 8" too

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i alway thought that if you jacked the rear wheels off the ground and turned one wheel towards the front, if the other wheel turns in the same direction it is an LSD if it turns the other way it is not...? Come on there has to be a mechanic here some where.....:yeah:

generally yes, on some newer cars, the singles peggers have been stepped up a bit and will act like a lsd a lil, the ve's do a bit aswell as the new fg falcons, sometimes on a hoist they will spin same direction until you stop the other wheel with your hand or manipulate it etc

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
There's another thread somewhere that has the letter codes (BB etc) with pics and instructions for changing the oil. It tells you which letters are for LSD's and which aren't. My VZ calais has a 'high performance' single spinner which will usually twin-up on loose surfaces like gravel