Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Diff Problem

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Hey guys (and girls) dont mean to alarm you, but im in the market for an SV6 and ive heard that they have a diff problem? Is this true? has anyone ever had any probs with theres?? I heard it off a car dealer up here in Queensland. For the record it was a ford dealer, so he could ave been talking absolute crap. Any way if any one has had any troubles let me know. He didnt elaborate on the exact problem. thanx

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
hi, my sv6 has done 15k, and im yet to have any grinding, noises etc from my diff. What exactly do you mean by problem, thats a pretty broad statement for people to give feedback on.

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
44,000k's. The thing's been to hell and back twice. The ONLY problem I've noticed is the limo fades in and out (e.g goes between open and limo), but all it needs is an oil change, and Ford diff's do this too.

The dealer's full of **** mate.

V

VZSV6

the diffs are the same between ford and holden they are both crap, borg warner, but i think they are changing it for the ve, but i havn't had any probs with my diff

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
yeah the dealer didnt say what the exact probelm is. Im just gonna put it down to him being full of ****! lol thanx anyway guys. Im heading in next week to get one!!

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
VZSV6 said:
the diffs are the same between ford and holden they are both crap, borg warner, but i think they are changing it for the ve, but i havn't had any probs with my diff

Actually they're Dana diff's.

9C1pack

Reaction score
Yes they are Dana diff's, but I think they come out of the same factory at albury that was once named Borg warner. I think that they are the same diffs as the ford ones and the LSD's suffer form the same problems...
Do a search on "au ba ford lsd problems" and see for your self.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Yeah mine clunks when cold on downchange from 2nd to first (auto) sumtimes, and also when you back off and then accelerate again you can hear it clunk its a pain in the A$$ and holden wont acknowledge it either!

rossvy

Reaction score
hi guys...newbie here..just bought the wife an sv6(impulse), and wanted to comment on ford diffs...

i drive a BAxr8 ute, and its had 3!yes, 3 new diffs under warranty......

p.s...the sv6 is magnificent(our 1st ever holden)