Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 exhaust sound clips

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
whys eveyone here always go for the money thing... maybe money aint a problem? maybe i want to hear a sound clip because if it is too loud i actually wont like it?? hmmm

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

If "money aint a problem" , buy a ferrari and get a butler to drive you around if you want a nicer note, don't ruin a perfectly good SV6 by putting a gay exhaust on it.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
i thought people on this forum could help me out.. thanks for your advice RUF-60L and 5LVTSS i appreciate it.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
yea this one is pretty sweet! only thing is hes put aftermarket headers, cats and a merge pipe, whereas i was lookin for a stock system with the mufflers. thanks though (y) appreciate it

Huh? You said in your 1st post that you were looking at either Redback mufflers of a 2.25" x-force catback. An x-force catback is hardly a stock system + you're looking at spending either $450ish on a set of Redbacks or 2k on a full catback. Odd logic dude....you could just buy the Redbacks and bolt them onto your car yourself and if you don't like them unbolt them and sell.

I think the Redbacks are not a bad option on a budget. If you have an LLT or Alloytec then spend the extra bucks on some extractors to richen up the sound and also can't hurt performance. Don't listen to Rufys he/she is a bit of a pillock. I reckon you can get them sounding OK.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
That Youtube video sounds better than some V8's I have listen to...

I was going to put my SS (AFM) mufflers on but looks like I need ones from a brand new 2012 built SS due to the revised rear muffler hangers. I can't even swap the hangers over to the older (2010) style as the mounting points are different.. So I will be selling my factory AFM quad tips. What a shame.....

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
adam, redbacks will sound the same as his setup, except not as loud and probably more raspy. Personally I wouldn't worry about a catback, mufflers first, see if you like it and go from there.