Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 on Injected Gas now

redsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw Redhot
:wax: The vz sv6 has been converted to prins gas injection so far very happy feels no different in power maybe a bit more torque and bit more quite on cruise and on with foot to floor doesnt sound as thrashy. Anyone else had convertion yet????

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
torque has gone up!!?? u havnt noticed any loss of power at all? i wonder wat the other sv6 drivers will think of this. actually meant this comment in a positive way as in other sv6 owners mite want to do the same if u dont lose power:)Did you get that help from the govt to do it? apparently they put in a grand or so for the conversion.

Last edited:

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
yep.my bad. :)

Last edited:

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Well done redsv6.

I've been doing a heap of research and I'll probably get my SV6 done also with the Prins set-up.

I'm not an expert but torque increases as a result of the higher octane % in LPG. With the old LPG conversion YES, you did lose power but these new Injected gas systems (Sequential Vapour Injection) use their own fuel injection system and power increases as a result. You probably find you gained a couple of rwkw's after the conversion.

Any chance of some pics??

In WA the State and Federal Govt put $3000 combined towards your conversion.

rgds

Tom

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
top stuff :thumbsup:

whats your economy like compared to petrol?

redsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw Redhot
Got 450 out of 61 ltrs cost a total of whole $31 woohoo. The whole system cost close enough to $4000 but ya get $2000 back from gov so not so bad.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Gidday RedSV6,
Great to hear about the LPG conversion.

Holden mention in the user manual about not using the 190 alloytech with LPG applications, does injected gas apply differently, or if not, what did you do to get around whatever problem Holden has with using LPG on the 190?

Thanks,
Si

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS,

From looking into LPG conversions myself for my alloytec190 I'm led to believe the 'possible' problems are the cylinder heads and valves failing due to the increases combustion temps of LPG.

The way around it is to get a upper lube kit/flash kit installed when you have the conversion done.

I know people that have done 50,000kms+ on SVI without a drama.

I'm a little sceptical about some of the claims in the Owners manual about LPG. I get the impression Holden just doesn't want you to run your engine on anything other than petrol.

Some places actually offer a engine components warranty, which you can buy if in doubt.

Last edited:

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
My owners manual only states that "engine is not designed to run on LPG and performance and safety will be jeopardized"..

Pretty ambiguous statement about the safety considering how many tests have been undertaken to prove that LPG is equal too if not safer than petrol.

My book is dated Nov 2004, well before the Sequential Vapour Injection came out onto the market.

SVI systems can't back-fire either.

Last edited: