Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 lpg

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Just put down a deposit on a ex Holden SV6 LPG with full leather and tow bar.

Very excited, hopefully pick up next week.

Anyone else have the same model. What's your experience?

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
What color is it?
The LPG cars are great, even better when the price was lower.
Expect 12 l / 100 k's and you can get 650 - 700 k's out of a tank from memory... I think thats right. The LPG tank is 84 litres, however on the VF the Low fuel comes up much earlier than the VE. On the VE you still had 100k's left at low fuel and you also have the Low Low fuel on VE. On the VF you are encouraged to refuel earlier as it locks out the centre display on Low Low fuel and just gives the low fuel message.
LPG tanks are like 2 scuba tanks welded together. Thick gauge Aluminium custom engineered for the car... a real work of art.

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Colour is white. Will be happy with 12l given lpg is 45% to 50% cheaper than 91.

In fact I like the power delivery of lpg engine better than petrol. More torque lower down which I'm accustomed to coming from petrol turbo.

Also seems quieter and more refined. But I guess I'm biased :)

holdenfan16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
First time poster but have been viewing the forums for a while

Well done on the purchase mate. Just clocked over 20000km on my lpg sv6 and it hasn't missed a beat, you will love it. Also have the same options as you.

My average is 13.1l/100km with a mix 75% freeway (110km/h) , 25% city (60km/h), although it gets a run through the hills every couple of weeks which wouldn't help my average! Im getting about 600km out of a tank by the time I fill up.

Also if you interested in it being a little bit more responsive, I found filling it with an lpg available at supagas, which is 100% propane instead of a mix of propane and butane. It doesn't help fuel economy (you will average about 1-2l more per 100km) but I find the car feels a lot more responsive than on ordinary gas. Its also cheaper per litre as well.

Also remember to apply for the government lpg rebate!

All in all happy motoring mate, im sure you will love it!

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks. What are you getting purely freeway use? Read a Evoke lpg review which stated he got less than 9l which frankly find hard to believe.

holdenfan16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks. What are you getting purely freeway use? Read a Evoke lpg review which stated he got less than 9l which frankly find hard to believe.

I'm getting around 9l at 110km/h, that's just going on what the instantaneous fuel readout is saying most of the time, but I have occasionally seen it dip below that though. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I hit the freeway in the morning!

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
9l would be awesome and much better than my brother falcon which he can't get less than 11

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Picked up the car yet? How many k's does it have?

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Picked up today, car has 22,000kms. Looks like life fuel ave is 13.5l /100kms. Really love the white. Reset trip and short trip to shops and backed matched the 13.5 so on fwy can only get better

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yep a old VE dual fuel but on a long trip we got 700kms out of the 70L(useable) so 10L/100

City traffic is more like 12/13L avg.

Wanted to get a VF but like the dual fuel range(lots of country driving and not always LPG available)