Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 manaul gear knob removal...

F

foznice

hey guys,
as the title says im having trouble removing the gearstick of a manual VZ SV6. The first time I started unscrewing, the boot started to unscew with it. So I held the boot and unscrewed and that was all good, except it just kept on spinning around and the gear knob wasn't acually coming off. Hopefully i wasn't unscrewing the whole stick.

Have any of you guys done this before? I hear that you need to open the entire console. Does anybody have one of those explosion diagrams of the console area around the gearstick that could help?

cheers

T

Twin_Bangerz

foznice said:
hey guys,
as the title says im having trouble removing the gearstick of a manual VZ SV6. The first time I started unscrewing, the boot started to unscew with it. So I held the boot and unscrewed and that was all good, except it just kept on spinning around and the gear knob wasn't acually coming off. Hopefully i wasn't unscrewing the whole stick.

Have any of you guys done this before? I hear that you need to open the entire console. Does anybody have one of those explosion diagrams of the console area around the gearstick that could help?

cheers

Planning on browsing through a dealer's yard and taking a souvanier or two eh?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
you have to lift the boot up, cut the cable tie move the boot out of the way,
pull straight up. if you have tried to unscrew it its buggered & will be noisy.
they are not really meant to be removed as when you buy one they come assembled on the stick
Cheers Rob