Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 manual fluctuating revs...need help with survey

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
Hi all.
I have a 08/2012 SV6 manual. Its been in/out of the Holden dealer not long after we got it.
Story is its my wifes car I dont drive it very much, when I did the A/C wasnt working at idle so I rev'd it up to 1000rpm and held it at that, it went from 1000 to 1200 rpm constantly up and down. It would stall on take off sometimes and have good fuel economy, 8lts per 80ks then 18.1lts per 80ks. It has nearly everything replaced that can be, even swapped the exhaust over from the Xforce to standard to check that. Today it come back out of the Holden dealer again after 5 days and Holden themself were contacted.
What they have now told me after checking 3 other manuals that they also do it so it might be either an issue they cant work out or its part of having a manual.

Is there anyone out there with a SV6 manual that also might be doing it aswell?????
From Holden, SV6 manuals are "rare" as they put it so I'm now asking fellow SV6 owners for help, it will tell me that I'm not the only one or I am the only one with this issue.

Hold your rev's steady on 1000rpm the issue is it will rev up, say for 3 seconds, then back down to 1000rpm then repeat the cycle up/down again until you take you foot of. Very hippnotic :surprise::surprise:

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Corduroy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SV6 Z series
Interesting. I have a mate with a manual and his is fine. Being a relatively new car, its probably not something blocked or a vacuum leak. I'm guessing its a lead or plug issue. Like on the IAC valve or throttle body or the O2 sensors. Though these would be picked up via the tech2.

Don't let Holden say its normal. I'm having issues with my brakes and Holden have used that excuse on me.

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
Thanks mate for your reply. They have, so Im told, replaced everything they can from the basics down to even the exhaust. Concern is the auto dosent do it but the manual has the issue, so as I said to them today while getting back my car what ever the difference it has the point towards that, the guy looked at me "mate if the auto has a yellow fuse box and the manual is blue and that the only difference....maybe its the .........". The car has now clocked up since Aug 2012 3wks away "playing".

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Thanks mate for your reply. They have, so Im told, replaced everything they can from the basics down to even the exhaust. Concern is the auto dosent do it but the manual has the issue, so as I said to them today while getting back my car what ever the difference it has the point towards that, the guy looked at me "mate if the auto has a yellow fuse box and the manual is blue and that the only difference....maybe its the .........". The car has now clocked up since Aug 2012 3wks away "playing".

I have now had three VE SV6 manuals, a 2008 MY09, a 2011 MY11 and a 2013 MY12.5 Z. None of these exhibited the problem that you have described. In the case of the last two, I have actually done this to check unloaded fuel usage from the Calais clusters that I have had fitted. I have had little trouble holding constant RPM.

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
UPDATE From Holden SV6 manual fluctuating revs.

I have just rec'd a phone from the Holden Dealer involved on behalf of Holden Aust.
They have found no issue with my SV6 and as I was told "this is normal for a manual".
There is no other issues with this car, sorry Holden why do I get 18lt per 100ks doing 80kph then back to 8lt per 100ks doing thr same seed, why dose it stall..sometime while taking off.
My issue is that if "it is normal" why doesn't every manual have this issue.
This car was $49990 drive away when It was purchased.

Sorry Holden Aust this matter is not "finished".