Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Oil Catch Can

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Not sure what you mean ?

TUFF Car Parts import the Elite Catch Can from the US. They also have an eBay shop to buy from. AFAIK they are the only importer of this product into Australia.

Not sure on the supercheap one however I don't think its of the same quality. The standard Bracket (for GEN4, LS engines) fitting that comes with the Elite one, you could mod to fit somewhere else in the engine bay. They sell a G8 bracket which is what I bought extra ($10) or you could fab one up. I'm getting a mate of mine to do one for me. The design and quality of the can is what's important.

Sorry if you mentioned this but did you get the G8 bracket from TUFF or from Elite in the US?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Sorry if you mentioned this but did you get the G8 bracket from TUFF or from Elite in the US?

From Justin at TUFF Car Parts.

Here are all the parts that came with my catch can from tuff car parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 692

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
Not sure what you mean ?

TUFF Car Parts import the Elite Catch Can from the US, AFAIK they are the only importer of this product into Australia.

Elite Engineering Catch Can LS1 VT VX VY VZ VE

They also have an eBay shop to buy from. Elite Engineering Catch CAN LS1 LS2 LS3 L76 L98 VT VE | eBay

Not sure on the supercheap one however I don't think its of the same quality. The standard Bracket (for GEN4, LS engines) fitting that comes with the Elite one, you could mod to fit somewhere else in the engine bay. They sell a G8 bracket which is what I bought extra ($10) or you could fab one up. I'm getting a mate of mine to do one for me. The design and quality of the can is what's important.

They emailed me back saying they cant recommend it for a v6 as its made for a v8 but a catch can is just a catch can so shouldn't matter.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
They can't recommend it because there is no simple bracket made to fit Aus 6 cyl models so most seem to have best luck modifying a G8 bracket or make their own. Hoses and motor on my 2011 S2 are also diff. My cover comes off and I see the alloy manifold and the hose in the middle is like a smaller vacume hose. Havn't sussed the hoses yet but someone may know that has fitted one to the model.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
From Justin at TUFF Car Parts.

Here are all the parts that came with my catch can from tuff car parts.

Is the G8 bracket long enough looks too short in the pic?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I modified another metal bracket I had to attach the G8 one to. It wasn't difficult, I just needed to drill 2 holes and bolt the G8 bracket onto it and then use an existing bolt holding a bracket to the engine and it was done. When I bought mine Justin said they sell a radiator bracket for earlier VE models, this wasn't any good for me as there are no bolts holding the radiator at the top.

Another JC member here has fitted the elite engineering catch can to an earlier S2 VE with the LLT SIDI engine (which has the alloy intake manifold) and used the standard V8 bracket. I didn't seem to have as much room in my engine bay.

When my mate gets back from overseas I am getting him to fab me a one piece bracket. In the US they have an LFX bracket which is the one used in the video I posted. I think they are available now to import. I don't think Justin is importing them as the bulk of his customers are V8 owners.

Here are photos TUFF Car Parts sent me of the brackets that were available.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 477
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 558
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 528
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 521
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 848
Last edited:

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Well if it's only the bracket that needs to be fab'd I think I'll get a can and make a bracket, I'll post some photos when it's done and how I made it :).

gomax

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Just ordered an Elite from their website including LFX bracket for our 2012 SV6 Sportwagon.

Thanks for all the input in this thread.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Thanks for all the info and pics. I liked that position but back to the drawing board for me. Looks like the 2011 LLT has to got on other side of motor. Thats where the hose is anyways.