Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Oil Catch Can

tosspint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 V6
Just wondering if anyone has hooked up an oil catch can to the SV6. I took a look last night and couldn't figure out how to plum it in? Anyone have an idea or pics on how to do this? The PCV system on the SV6 seems a bit different.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I am also interested in this. Found a lot of oil crap handing around the air intake already.

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I've been interested in this as well and I've been searching for a long time and I've found something that might help. Take a look at the PDF below, seems that the can just goes between the PCV line before going back into the air intake.

Never tried this and I'm hoping someone can confirm this installation with the alloytec, just seems to simple.

http://www.accmachtech.com/PCVCatchCanInstallationInstructions.pdf

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
depends what sort of catch can mate if it's a baffled can that is the correct way. that way will only stop oil air from on of the pcv lines not both though. but thaty way is legal.

tosspint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 V6
Thanks for the info guys. I just might give this a shot. Monaro, where is the other PCV line on the Alloytech V6? Still trying to learn this engine, it's a bit different from the LSx's I'm used to! ;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Out of interest what are the advantages of installing a catch can. Apart from the obvious i.e. no oil in intake. In other words are there any disadvantages to having a minute amount of clean engine oil in there? I would assume most of the oil passing through the PCV hose makes in into the cylinders and is combusted? This may provide some lubrication advantages as well, and the ECU may be tuned for oil in the intake air?

Just interested.