Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Oil Catch Can

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
HEXEM,
dont mean to be taxing on you mate but you wouldn't have a simple 'how-to' to install this bad boy by any chance?

cheers

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
HEXEM,
dont mean to be taxing on you mate but you wouldn't have a simple 'how-to' to install this bad boy by any chance?

cheers

I have the youtube video of the guy in the states (Camaro forum) which I followed and its in HD. The only difference is I couldn't mount the catch can in the exact same spot due to the engine being deeper than the Camaro one. Also I routed the PVC hose from the back of the rocker cover on the driver side in its original position and not outside like the one in the video.

The video is detailed and 15min long. I didn't use as much Teflon tape as the guy in the video did. I did ask for the same right angle outlet fittings.

Here is the link: 2012 Camaro V6 Catch Can Install - YouTube

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Had a look at a few of the other brands. Under half the price but they didn't unscrew like Elite, just drain screw and no baffle (steel wool) can be used. Also looked much bigger, more for race cars by the look. The Elite looks the go for my std car and will fit in and look std if Black.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
I have the youtube video of the guy in the states (Camaro forum) which I followed and its in HD. The only difference is I couldn't mount the catch can in the exact same spot due to the engine being deeper than the Camaro one. Also I routed the PVC hose from the back of the rocker cover on the driver side in its original position and not outside like the one in the video.

The video is detailed and 15min long. I didn't use as much Teflon tape as the guy in the video did. I did ask for the same right angle outlet fittings.

Here is the link: 2012 Camaro V6 Catch Can Install - YouTube

ahhh awesome dude thanks heaps!!

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Sweet vid. Now i know i could do it myself. Spoke to Tuff Parts and the cant reccommend it for a v6. is calibre a good brand. Just looking at superheap or auto barn i think.

Elite all the way, you need to order from the states???

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Will it fit to a stock alloytech intake? Calibre is an ok brand, I wouldn't touch their fluids though.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Spoke to Tuff Parts and the cant reccommend it for a v6.

Not sure what you mean ?

TUFF Car Parts import the Elite Catch Can from the US, AFAIK they are the only importer of this product into Australia.

http://www.tuffcarparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=25&product_id=188

They also have an eBay shop to buy from. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELITE-ENGINEERING-CATCH-CAN-LS1-LS2-LS3-L76-L98-VT-VE-/170540073114

Not sure on the supercheap one however I don't think its of the same quality. The standard Bracket (for GEN4, LS engines) fitting that comes with the Elite one, you could mod to fit somewhere else in the engine bay. They sell a G8 bracket which is what I bought extra ($10) or you could fab one up. I'm getting a mate of mine to do one for me. The design and quality of the can is what's important.

Last edited:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Will it fit to a stock alloytech intake?.

You'd need to figure out which is the correct PCV line to use. From a picture of an Alloytech engine it doesn't look simple. The catch can on the VE S2 V6 (LLT & LFX) is more critical because of the SIDI characteristics.

You could refer to this thread for possible solution to installing a catch can on alloytech: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=16756