Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6 or ss commodore

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm on my 2nd SS and have driven a few 190kw V6 VE hire cars. Put short - the VE body is too heavy for the V6. The SS goes like stink and all around is a far better car. Now is an excellent time to buy one - they are going for peanuts. Because of the lard, the real world fuel consumption of the V8 is only marginally higher than the V6. I have had no major dramas with any of my VE's which do around 5,000km per month, mostly towing up to 2 tons.

Reaper

Reaction score
Website
www.sportsmodelsaustralia.com.au
Members Ride
VE SV6 2008
i have a one week old SV6 and couldnt complain at all, took it for a 2 hour drive on the weekend and it was using 8.51ltr per 100km on cruise control at 110kph so i cant complain. at the moment you can basically say the price you want to pay. if you are getting leather and auto i would knock $9000 off the price they first give you as that is about what i paid

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
get the ss, so much better, i wish i got the v8 instead of the 6, i know i have the vz version but still.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
how much do u want to spend... for a lil extra dough, u can get a clubby or gts.. even a senator

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
The SS auto is a 6 speed.
ah it is too... nice

sorry to hijack the thread...but im looking at upgrading to a vz or ve sometime soon with the deals going on regarding the ve im leaning towards it....just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the difference between the ve sv6 sedan and ute? being an apprentice im heading for the ute however i drive a vt sedan now soo either one isnt in issue for me.
suggestions?
The difference between the SV6 sedan and ute is 3 less seats, less roof, less wieght, same engine and trans options. All this = better performance and economy
thanks for the replies boys,i am thinking of getting the ve sv6, but some people are saying that sv6 has problems with the engines is it true or not...
Never had an issue
how much do u want to spend... for a lil extra dough, u can get a clubby or gts.. even a senator
Go the v8, thats for sure! You will regret it. Dont get me wrong, i love my car, but id love it more if it rumbled instead of cried

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i would go an ss, i only went for for the sv6 for money resons, but seeing as the price of new commys have dropped especially the V8's why not a V8, wish the prices were that good when i bought the ute.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
thanks for the replies boys,i am thinking of getting the ve sv6, but some people are saying that sv6 has problems with the engines is it true or not...

and no problems for me, but as from the 15,000 service i now run fully synthetic oil in it and in my opinion it seems like it runs quieter.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Hi
I have a SV6 195k 60th anniver model over 3 months old with 2,000 klms on the clock no problems at all everything is great. I put 19 in SSV wheels on at dealer did'nt like the 18in wheels on it, Did a swap and also put hard cover on has leather seats & steering wheel, blue tooth ,alum pedals they threw in dark tint for nothing and I put baffle radiator cover on motor looks much better. The best so far fuel 11.3ltr 100k lot of city driving. Went in for free first service 3,000klms or 3months Basically just a check on things (service book) no oil change till 15,000klms They use Caltex oil products now as they dont use Castrol anymore touch wood so far so good!

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Synthetic oil

and no problems for me, but as from the 15,000 service i now run fully synthetic oil in it and in my opinion it seems like it runs quieter.

HI What Brand and Grade of oil do you use in it :):)