Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6 pod filter

Leightonmccabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 Ve Commodore Ute
Hey I currently own a 09 sv6 and I’ve been thinking about converting my stock air box filter to a pod filter but am unsure about how I go about the MAFS. Does anyone know if I could just cut the MAFS out of the stock tubing to the air box and put it back onto the new tubing to the pod filter or will that just cause problems?
AB085C38-06D3-42D4-B05A-6DB5A5A6EDB6.jpeg

H

harrop.senator

Why you want the pod? You'll want an enclosure after it. I'd just holesaw the stock one on the bottom side and run some ducting to fresh air.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The MAF comes out of that pipe when you undo those two screws on top. If you put it in a different pipe, the new pipe needs to be the same diameter.

IMHO I wouldn't waste the time or money, a pod will do nothing for you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They don't seem to do them anymore. Can get otrs for them though.
What's an OTR like on a V6? Is it worthwhile like the Mace kit on earlier V6? I believe OTR requires tune?

H

harrop.senator

In my opinion it'd be better again after having a 4" flex pipe n pod on my LS compared to OTR.

Some of them still retain maf.

I didn't get one for the v6 stato cause there's been complaints on defs needing tune cause mad has no turn in the pipe and creates resonance going back and forth past the Hotwire on throttle close.