Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 POWAAAAA

DanielC123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 S2 Wagon
G'day lads and ladettes. Got a 2011 S2 SV6 Wagon and got a couple questions.

Hard to find a general consensus on exhausts. Looking for one that doesn't cost too much for a v6 obviously but sounds nice at a good volume. Also, has anyone had any experience with throttle controllers on the SV6s and howd it go?
Cheers

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The only good exhaust note on an SV6 will be to chuck a couple of SS mufflers on the back. They bolt straight on and give a noticable growl but it's still pretty quiet overall.

All the aftermarket stuff just sounds like a wet fart on a V6

I've got a throttle controller in mine, works really well. I just have it on the normal mode not the P plater fully hectic mode and it's really improved the drive, cuts out all the typical VE throttle lag. That was the reason I installed it, going from my VR with a cable throttle to the VE with the e throttle, you really notice the input lag straight away.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
The only good exhaust note on an SV6 will be to chuck a couple of SS mufflers on the back. They bolt straight on and give a noticable growl but it's still pretty quiet overall.

All the aftermarket stuff just sounds like a wet fart on a V6

I've got a throttle controller in mine, works really well. I just have it on the normal mode not the P plater fully hectic mode and it's really improved the drive, cuts out all the typical VE throttle lag. That was the reason I installed it, going from my VR with a cable throttle to the VE with the e throttle, you really notice the input lag straight away.
Just out of curiosity, which controller did you go with? If its anything like my brother navara im guessing its just inline between the pedal and harness? Have just made the jump from vy with a cable tb to 2010 ve and i agree. The lag is quite noticable. Miss the whole, pedal move, you go fast of the cable version.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Just out of curiosity, which controller did you go with? If its anything like my brother navara im guessing its just inline between the pedal and harness? Have just made the jump from vy with a cable tb to 2010 ve and i agree. The lag is quite noticable. Miss the whole, pedal move, you go fast of the cable version.

I went with the EVC mate, and yep you just unplug the throttle right above the pedal and plug the controller inline, takes about 5 mins.

Stock VE throttle lag is absolutely appauling.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
I went with the EVC mate, and yep you just unplug the throttle right above the pedal and plug the controller inline, takes about 5 mins.

Do you know anything on the i-drive throttle controllers? What would you recommend otherwise? Thinking of getting one myself

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
They are all pretty much the same mate, any brand does the same job.

I had an iDrive on my navara with no issues

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride

https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/buy...en-commodore-2006-2013-windbooster-evc505l-1/

This the one youre talking bout? How much you pay for yours and where from? And i agree. Going from cable to dbw is a learning curve. Even just trying to do something as simple as hold her @2k rpm to spray an upper intake cleaner thru was difficult. Can you tell me if after the controller install, would this problem be fixed? Eg wanna hold it at 2.5k in park, does yours need constant adjustment or does that go away?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah thats the one mate, I think i got it on special for around $190

They don't need adjustment, once you set it on your prefered mode it stays on that unless you disconnect the battery.

Not really sure on holding it at certain RPM, never really tried it

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thats the one mate, I think i got it on special for around $190

They don't need adjustment, once you set it on your prefered mode it stays on that unless you disconnect the battery.

Not really sure on holding it at certain RPM, never really tried it
Cheers mate. Will have to order it next pay. Ive learnt to cope with the lag by just going 50% throttle everywhere lol.

I swear i am not a hoon but i get the tingles when im sitting at 6.5k rpm @ 100kmh in second lol.