Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 POWAAAAA

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Cheers mate. Will have to order it next pay. Ive learnt to cope with the lag by just going 50% throttle everywhere lol.

I swear i am not a hoon but i get the tingles when im sitting at 6.5k rpm @ 100kmh in second lol.
I just picked up an EVC idrive, just got to rip the plastics off and install it, one of the first things i did for the throttle lag was replace the resonator with silicone and ally tube, much more response, quite happy with it, but still has that little bit there. So hopefully this gets rid of that. It's not a racecar, so I don't really want the OTR and all that.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/buy...en-commodore-2006-2013-windbooster-evc505l-1/

This the one youre talking bout? How much you pay for yours and where from? And i agree. Going from cable to dbw is a learning curve. Even just trying to do something as simple as hold her @2k rpm to spray an upper intake cleaner thru was difficult. Can you tell me if after the controller install, would this problem be fixed? Eg wanna hold it at 2.5k in park, does yours need constant adjustment or does that go away?
Mate, I highly recommend hey. works a treat, gonna have to get use to the response, only need like 10% throttle on auto to cruise at 60 rather than half planted haha

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thats the one mate, I think i got it on special for around $190

They don't need adjustment, once you set it on your prefered mode it stays on that unless you disconnect the battery.

Not really sure on holding it at certain RPM, never really tried it
Hey quick one, I am wanting to pull the negative and do a reset, safe to do so with the throttle controller plugged in?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Hey quick one, I am wanting to pull the negative and do a reset, safe to do so with the throttle controller plugged in?
Yep you sure can, I'm not sure if the controller will remember your settings though.

Just check what mode you have it on before you disconnect so that you can put it back that way after.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep you sure can, I'm not sure if the controller will remember your settings though.

Just check what mode you have it on before you disconnect so that you can put it back that way after.
Sweet thank you! I just use auto, it's enough for now, haven't really had the time to try the performance modes. I like that it has a factory setting too for when the missus drives with her heavy foot hahah