Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6 Questions

Kenough

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hey, I'm looking to buy my first commodore, most likely an automatic sv6 ute, upgrading from a basic 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer. I have a few varied questions that I don't feel that a dealer salesperson would answer 100% honestly so I figured that asking commodore veterans would be my best bet. My questions are the following:
- How much do you think I should aim to get them down to for sv6 ute, auto, prestige paint, hood stripes, sports armour and possibly sat nav
- What are some of the common issues that people have been having with this model?
- Are there any upgrades/modifications that you would recommend? (note: having injured my lower back muscles previously, ride comfort is a concern)
- In regards to the sat nav system, is it accurate/easy to use and was it worth the money/wait to have it ordered?

Thanks in advance for any help that any of you might give.

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Hey, I'm looking to buy my first commodore, most likely an automatic sv6 ute, upgrading from a basic 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer. I have a few varied questions that I don't feel that a dealer salesperson would answer 100% honestly so I figured that asking commodore veterans would be my best bet. My questions are the following:
- How much do you think I should aim to get them down to for sv6 ute, auto, prestige paint, hood stripes, sports armour and possibly sat nav
- What are some of the common issues that people have been having with this model?
- Are there any upgrades/modifications that you would recommend? (note: having injured my lower back muscles previously, ride comfort is a concern)
- In regards to the sat nav system, is it accurate/easy to use and was it worth the money/wait to have it ordered?

Thanks in advance for any help that any of you might give.

I have sv6 ute with sat nav and it is worth for me.
For nox I dont have any problems with car and I done 3000 waiting for first service.
Sat nav is easy to use but as it is not factory you dont have button under display for nav. You turn on nav with speech button on steering wheel and you hold it for 2 sec to turn on.
Thats only issue what ill report on first service as every time you need tu turn off speeach after activated nav.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I_LOVE_VF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
I bought a SV6 ute and it is absolutely awesome.

I'm not sure what Jason is saying about no Nav button. I got the Navigation from Holden and I have all the buttons I need. No need to use the speech recognition.

I have had no issues. I have done just under 2,000kms.