Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 rear speaker wiring

suppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Impulse Blue SV6 Manual
Does anyone know if the VZ SV6 has the swiring in please for a set of speakers on the rear parcel shelf? Would love to put a set of 6*9's up there without haveing to rip the new car apart too much

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Suppy.

Not long ago had the parcel shelf of my SV6 in bits, fitting my amp and 7x10s.

I didn't see any wiring up there that specifically looked like it was for speakers, ie - positioning and such. What is there though (beneath the black trim panel) is a harness leading off to a multi-pin connector, which I assume might be an extra piece of hardware for the so-called "premium" sound system. (12Voltking might be able to clear this up - you havin' a squiz at this thread King?) ;)

To be honest though, if you're fitting the 6x9s anyway, you'll need to remove the back seat and trim - once you have those out it's very little extra hassle to run some decent wiring for the speakers. Were you just going to run the 6x9s out of the head unit or were you planning on amplifying? (I would certainly recommend the latter, and you might like to also have a look at this thread - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=14974 ) Oh, plus you'll need to get the grilles that fit into the parcel shelf trim, if you haven't got 'em already. (don't get those from Holden, just have a poke around on eBay - I got mine for less than half of what the General was going to charge me - only thing is they were greay rather than black, but a squirt of satin black enamel soon fixed that.)

If you want some hints to get the back seat out, just stick your hand up. :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

suppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
was planning to stick the 6*9's in with just a small amp - i thought i would ask first to see if the wiring was in place before i started pulling seats, etc out of the car i have only had for 5 days....

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Heh - yeah, I know what you mean....

It does mean a slightly bigger job when running an amp, of course, but well worthwhile I guarantee you! ;)

Still, you're in no huge hurry I guess - I've had mine a little over six months, and only got the amp and speakers in about 2 months ago.

Cheerz!

suppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
no hurry - have to convince she who must be obeyed to let me spend the money.......had a look at the link you gave me, and looks like something i may be interested in as i want to keep the wheel mounted controls

thanks again ! :thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
"she who must be obeyed".... :D

My old boss used to use that one - priceless!

Cheerz Suppy. Later.

V

VZSV6

just done mine amp and 6x9's new head unit aswell. sound great, just need subs