Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 Service Engine Oil

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
press and hold the buttons before u turn on the ignition.... keep holding while turning on and it should trigger the submenu for u!

B

Bobster

Did that but it asked for confirmatiom but nothing seemed to confirm for me.
Must have to press something else as well boy has me stuff*d?

phatwagon4u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Bobster said:
Did that but it asked for confirmatiom but nothing seemed to confirm for me.
Must have to press something else as well boy has me stuff*d?
to reset the engine oil light,
1:press and hold the up and down arrows on the trip computer switch and then turn the ignition from the off to the on position,wait until a beep is heard and there should be displayed on the dash ( service reset engine oil) then
2:press and hold the set button on the trip computer switchuntil a beep is heard,should be approx 10 seconds
then turn the ign off
:)

B

Bobster

Phatwagon

Thanks for that, I was not holding long enough for it to do it's thing.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Bobster said:
Ute man did you solve problem?
No took it to the dealer told me it will come back if not reset properly,kept car 1/2 a day ? :(

E

exume

dude sounds like theyre feeding you rubbish, the reset takes 2 minutes not half a day and there is no way to do it wrong, either you do it right or it comes back up straight away. its only a service light anyway! take it somewhere else.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
exume said:
dude sounds like theyre feeding you rubbish, the reset takes 2 minutes not half a day and there is no way to do it wrong, either you do it right or it comes back up straight away. its only a service light anyway! take it somewhere else.
It will come come back on in another 26,000km it must be reprogramed or so they tell me

BaZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Just checking with you guys about this problem. I have a Lumina VZ (not an SV6). I'm assuming the Luminas still get this problem? I have it on mine and the service dept want it for 40 mins to 'reset the cluster'. Does that sound right?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
to fix the problem properly the Instruments & the ECU & sometimes the Trans Control Module need to be flash programmed with the latest software, 40 minutes is pretty good to do the lot actually.
resetting it using the mode buttons is not a fix, it will come back. Programming it correctly will fix the problem

ROb