Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 sidi ute mods

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
i just picked up a manual sv6 sidi ute with some hail damage at auction. i was thinking of a new exhaust and cai and maybe a ripshifter. i was looking at x-force 2.25" catback (VE SV6 COMMODORE UTE TWIN 2.25" XFORCE EXHAUST - eBay Other, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 07-Jun-10 10:18:09 AEST)) and an airhammer cai. Are these mods worthwhile or am i wasting time and money?

Also are there any other brands/manufacturers i should be looking at and will the car need to be tuned after it has been modified? Any information would be fantastic.
Cheers.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Don't bother with a 2.25 exhaust, the pipes are that size stock. I'd honestly wait until a tune comes out through VCM or similar and go with an otr, extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with straight through mufflers. If you want something to tide you over until the tune comes out, just swap the mufflers over for around $500.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
thanks for the help tinsnips and sv666
i might hold off until a tune becomes available
cheers

btw, i have heard stories of 2.5" systems on the V6s droning, would this be the case?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Depends on the quality of the system, if the car is manual or auto and whether or not the tips extend past the rear bar. If you go with a reputable manufacturer and installer, you should be right. Given that you drive a ute, you shouldn't have any problems.

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
ill make sure i go with the reputable name. btw wat difference will transmission make? mines a manual.

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
hi mate

i was looking getting an airhammer too but i emailed auto velocity and found out there is no model available yet for the sidi engines

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
hi mate

i was looking getting an airhammer too but i emailed auto velocity and found out there is no model available yet for the sidi engines

Hey Adam,

You will find atm there's little to no performance parts for our sidi engines, there still very new but there are people working on headers extractors, CAI's and so forth. A lot of us are hoping that a performance shop in the states called Trifecta will send over a software that will re tune our detuned engines to their true glory.

like i said there are parts being worked on and there maybe something available now... not too sure.. but only thing i know to do with our cars is to slap on some quad tips from the ss (pre afm preferred)

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
yeahh true sv666, although i have been looking into the ss growler cai that has been specially made for the sidi model looks good and people have claimed to gain 16rkws from it