Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6 sprint to 100

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So i bought an obd2 blue-tooth thing that connects to my android utilizing Torque application. I am about to do some mods to my car so i thought i would take some before mod 0-100 tests then test it again afterwards.. mainly because i don't have test track readily available to test this stuff out haha.

I was quite surprised with the results. Its an auto allotec. Current mods are only cai, mace insulators and 3.27 lsd. This was done on the flattest road possible in drive mode with no tail wind and no dyno... because i know you will ask haha. i repeated the run in reverse and got the same time too, so no external factors. its not meant to prove anything, i know heaps of other cars are quicker, i was just surprised to get sub 7 seconds and thought id post it here. post your times too im keen to hear what others get.

(ignore power and torque displays, they are not configured properly)
2013-08-16 00.41.26.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So i bought an obd2 blue-tooth thing that connects to my android utilizing Torque application. I am about to do some mods to my car so i thought i would take some before mod 0-100 tests then test it again afterwards.. mainly because i don't have test track readily available to test this stuff out haha.

I was quite surprised with the results. Its an auto allotec. Current mods are only cai, mace insulators and 3.27 lsd. This was done on the flattest road possible in drive mode with no tail wind and no dyno... because i know you will ask haha. i repeated the run in reverse and got the same time too, so no external factors. its not meant to prove anything, i know heaps of other cars are quicker, i was just surprised to get sub 7 seconds and thought id post it here. post your times too im keen to hear what others get.

(ignore power and torque displays, they are not configured properly)
View attachment 165034

You used reverse gear and got a similar time? wow thats a fast reverse gear fella :p

Its semi accurate, but a good benchmark for you personally if you reuse the same roads and same conditions to see how the mods improves things.
And definately safer then using a stopwatch whilst driving.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
I think he meant he drove back down the road the other way implying it wasn't down hill

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Yeah they are not slow. Best bang for youre buck I have found for a daily driver, not bothered with mods. Is that a 6 speed in power mode. Will have a play with race chrono and receiver as it has a performance testing mode.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
na its a 5 speed in drive. drive seems to have better results than sport for some reason. whats a race chrono?

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
It's a free ap downloaded to phone. With a cheap little gps receiver blue tooth together to make accurate. Maps and stores tracks and lap times with lots of extras like map with little icons for you and mate can see how fast at any part of track on any lap you did on day. Easy to set and forget and hide as lots of track days where timing is not allowed. Some set it up with their vidios so you get speedo and lap times on their utube clips. Check em out.