Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 to LSA conversion

Chris145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Hey guys I currently have a 2014 sv6 storm with 139000kms I went past my mechanic the other day and he Had a sv6 in the shop on the dyno that had a supercharger just put on with all the little extras and he said after dyno will get around 400kw at the engine I was considering doing this he said it costs about 11k to do this that's with labour and parts.
I looked a bit more into this and seen that I can get this
LSA 6.2L Supercharged Crate Engine | LSX Stage 2 | 550 Kw / 740 HP for $15,998 now I require some information on what the other costs would be and if its worth it. Considrting the price for a brand new ss and still have to do alot of work to it for this sort of power.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Hey guys I currently have a 2014 sv6 storm with 139000kms I went past my mechanic the other day and he Had a sv6 in the shop on the dyno that had a supercharger just put on with all the little extras and he said after dyno will get around 400kw at the engine I was considering doing this he said it costs about 11k to do this that's with labour and parts.
I looked a bit more into this and seen that I can get this
LSA 6.2L Supercharged Crate Engine | LSX Stage 2 | 550 Kw / 740 HP for $15,998 now I require some information on what the other costs would be and if its worth it. Considrting the price for a brand new ss and still have to do alot of work to it for this sort of power.
Not a expert but starting at front radiator air intake

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Not a expert but starting at front radiator air intake
Ops sorry radiator. Air intake. Full exhaust .front springs.computer. transmission.drive shaft.diff.fuel system .there would be some wiring and I sure more .how much ?$$$$get a quote would be the best bet I would be interested in price

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Would make more sense to start with a V8 chassis if it's going to be registered. Less hoops you will have to jump through to get it all engineered/certified. Preferably something that already has bigger brakes like a redline.

Less things that need to be engineered the better. An sv6 would be a headache to get engineered, and even then I'm sure there would be grey areas that could still make your car illegal if you got pulled over by the wrong cop.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've engineered big engines into small cars and I couldn't see the value of this project.

Not that I know many car guys who truly take value into account when it's something they must have.

To get it engineered you'll need a stronger trans, diff, brakes just for starters plus all the auxiliaries to make those work.

You may even need to stiffen the chassis.

It's a big expense to legally fit something like this and if you did succeed to get it on the road it would not be worth a great deal if you tried to sell it.

As already suggested, at a minimum you should be starting with an SS shell or better still a repairable HSV or give the idea away altogether.

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Add 15-20k on top of your engine. and that's if you're doing it yourself and not paying labour.

Chris145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Hmm thanks for some opinions there's a ride off 2014 gts I found that had no damage to engine of interior had been hit from the side near the back and damage the chassis I was gonna see how much he would give that to me for and take alot of parts from that which would support this new engine and its power the price of a vf ss in good condition still go for a fair bit and goin to a gts or r8 is even more. The price I worked out if I built it worked out alot cheaper but the engineering I don't know anything about. Also would be nice to have a what looks like a stock sv6 with 550kw would be a awesome sleeper

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
stock sv6 looks like a stock ss tho?
Buy a high km ss and put the lsa in. Much cheaper and easier.

Chris145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Is there a difference in the chassis strength between the ss and the sv6 tho? Because most of.the other parts will have to be changed won't they? E.g suspension clutch gear box etc