Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 top speed

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Speedo accuracy

benzor said:
Update time.. I've had it off the clock now, past 260 :)... I don't believe that though

Unlike the fuel gauge, I think that the speedo readings in VZ are pretty accurate. My S ute reads within 1km/hr of the speed shown in my GPS Navigation system (aftermarket.. not Holden).

All the same 260 sounds somewhat optimistic although they have pretty tall gearing.

How many rpm does 260kph equate do in an SV6 manual?

Attachments

• Police Radar.jpg
    Police Radar.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 243
R

RKZ234

Hey Troy, Don't you just love that Stuart Hwy in the Northern Territory!!

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
I don't know about you guys, but if I was gonna drive at 240+km/h the last thing I'd be doing is playing around with a camera!! Crazy!

SpeedRacer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VZ SV6 A5
cliffo78 said:
so I was wondering whether the torque of the new motor is enough to do what the motoring writer predicted.

Torque = Accelleration

Horsepower = Top speed

So 190k and tall diff should equate to a decent top speed

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
RKZ234 said:
In the NT it is perfectly legal to test out your cars top speed.
cops have the right to rip your license off you for excessive speed in the NT... depends on what they think your car is capable of

R

RKZ234

boona15 said:
cops have the right to rip your license off you for excessive speed in the NT... depends on what they think your car is capable of

Yes they can technically, but to support such drastic action, they also need to substantiate you driving in a dangerous manner.

Diving your SS Commodore at 250 km/h in the middle of nowhere between Alice Springs and Katherine does not necessarilly constitute driving in a dangerous manner.

Failing to control your vehicle and drive it on the correct side of the road at 140 km/h is driving in a dangerous manner.

B

Baritji

Driving at 250km/h IS driving in a dangerous manner. Doesnt matter if the roads empty for thousands of KM's. I saw a guy get pulled over in a GTO, when he overtook me he must have been doing at least 240. Out there, a lot of things can happen that you dont expect, lots of stock animals crossing the road, wallabies etc. Not to mention the roads are in shocking condition.

If cops up here see you driving like that, 9/10 times they will pull you over.

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Baritji said:
Driving at 250km/h IS driving in a dangerous manner. Doesnt matter if the roads empty for thousands of KM's. I saw a guy get pulled over in a GTO, when he overtook me he must have been doing at least 240. Out there, a lot of things can happen that you dont expect, lots of stock animals crossing the road, wallabies etc. Not to mention the roads are in shocking condition.

If cops up here see you driving like that, 9/10 times they will pull you over.

I know people who've been stopped by cops doing 250+ (mostly in modified commodores/monaro's too). Most the coppers done has told em to slow it down a bit.