Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 transmission slipping?

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
So I’ve got an sv6 ve series 2 2012. I’m just a bit concerned regarding the auto transmission.Essentially when the road is at an incline or steep uphil the transmission shifts to a lower or higher gear not too sure whilst I lightly have the foot on the accelerator barely any power and what it does is a slight jerk sometimes uphill like it’s shifting into a lower gear or even when car is say cruising at 57 at a light incline on the road it jerked and shifted into a lower gear road. Is this normal? Btw car was serviced 500kms ago.

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
it’s probably labouring in the higher gear at low speed, and won’t be in the right gear ratio to push it up the hill.

The slight jerk it does do when it finally decides it needs another gear, it’s like it taking a breath.

Mine does it too. I just hold enough throttle % up the small inclines so it holds gear and slightly accelerates up the incline, then lift off at the top and it will change into the higher gear.
(Trans is serviced every 50k)

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Ok thank you glad you cleared that up it’s going for a transmission service anyways soon. Appreciate the quick response