Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Upgraded headunit and stero system.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
great job mate...i would love to try this bit worried about ripping up a new car urrrggg....
have you got a link to no limits also where abouts does the rear camera mount??

cheers
bbb

Welcome to No Limit I mount the camera above the rear number plate.

So, you think the head unit looks cheap and tacky? mate your driving a wagon - the head unit is the least of your troubles.
Cool story though, i really cared..

Haha, Banned. Enough Said tosser!

wow a hero, whom probably drives his mums corolla.

wagon looks awesome best looking one i've seen. interior came up nice but is there a way to get the seats redone with the ss changed to sv6? or is it too expensive to bother?
how much dynamat did you need

Probably would cost to much. Doesnt really worry me. I purchased a dynamat bluk pack that has enough to do 4 doors. Cheaper that way.

big fella

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS-V Sportswagon Auto
Hey mate,

Sweet looking ride there. Looks somewhat familiar though :)

3.jpg

Can't wait to what the front bar looks like on your wags mate.

Cheers

Andrew

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
VTSS,
you seem to be the only one so far to have done this upgrade....so maybe you might know will this fit in and wire up to the SV6 harness???
I know, well looks like it would all fit but is the wiring there to run the guages or has the V8 got a different harness/sensors?? Would look good, even though a bit $$$ but if not i'll be on the search for a calias setup.
Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-HS...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9e5423c8

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
That would all fit if you were changing the headunit and the top section to HSV spec VT SS has what would be found in the SSV.
The headunits apart from the programming side are all interchangeable onlything different is the wiring looms that go to each side of the headunit but even than the only difference is the lower model headunits have the same plug but just not all the wires connected.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
The Head units are really hard to find!, where can i get one? ive checked most in my area and just commodore spares?.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
There was one on ebay that just got sold.
If you don't mind paying more (say around 1k) i know a wrecker up in Brisbane that has one. But it's a damn rip off. Other wreckers will sell for 400-600 .

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
So, you think the head unit looks cheap and tacky? mate your driving a wagon - the head unit is the least of your troubles.

Cool story though, i really cared..

The VE I have to say is the best looking wagon I have ever seen, for myself I would have taken a sedan but if it come between a VY SS sedan or a VE wagon with a 8 I'd go for the wagon without a doubt.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I think they are around $1500 new from holden.

I left my name and number with as many wreckers as I could. Then sat back and waited.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
The VE I have to say is the best looking wagon I have ever seen, for myself I would have taken a sedan but if it come between a VY SS sedan or a VE wagon with a 8 I'd go for the wagon without a doubt.

completly agree, nice job

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Bit of a Hijack.
Few pic of my install.
Its really a easy job to do, dont be scared off from doing it because you think you can stuff it up.
IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

HVAC
IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg