Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Upgraded headunit and stero system.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Yes it does. I have a reverse camera so that over rides the parking senor display.

Splash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I dont suppose you'd know if it would accept inputs for front sensors?

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
I dont suppose you'd know if it would accept inputs for front sensors?

its a video input so can't see why not??..but if you planning a camera on the front make sure you dont buy one thats reverse's the image

Splash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Not a camera, front park assist sensors like a Calais V. The display shows which sensor is detecting something and how close it is.

camo900

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
wait on sooo have you gotta get the head unit reprogramed or something

Rhys925

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
I suppose this mod doesn't apply to Omega's considering the difference in HU sizes?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I suppose this mod doesn't apply to Omega's considering the difference in HU sizes?

Omega's can be done as well, they are all the same size.

Except for the Statesman and Caprice versions, they are completely different.

Last edited:

Rhys925

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
I thought the calais HU was a lot bigger than the Omega (extra screen space etc)? Or is this a complete swap of centre elecs/plastics?

Might have to look into this. .

I have an audio set up from previous vehicles that i'm dying to get installed but i wasn't keen on running it from the standard HU with no mp3/equaliser etc.

Think it's worth the money or should i just get my stuff installed through a LOC?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yes the screen is bigger but only the electronics gets swapped, literally slides out and slides in. The Omega trim is actually very well suited for this mod plus other mods as the top half with the air vents are separate from the trim around the headunit, just like in the Calais.

Well I've had mine for 2 years or more now and I'm very happy with it but since then there has been some development with an aftermarket unit that separates the HVAC from the headunit, allowing you to install any headunit you'd like. Just do a search for it, someone has already posted a link on the forum for it. It's not 100% ready yet but it's very close.