Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VE Brake Pads

Lenny66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2007 and VE SV6 SIDI 2010
HI,

Can anyone please tell me what where/are the original brake pads fitted on the SV6 VE?

Thanks Lenny

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ahh, in the brake calipers on the inside of the wheel?

they are made by pbr

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
they are made by pbr
that was what he was looking for :D

now me, does the SS and SV6 have the same brake pads ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
yep exact same pads.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Bendix Replacements are DB1765 for fronts and DB1766 for the rears. The General CT pads are a good replacement for them.

As for the originals they will cost you a bit and are made by AC Delco. On average they will probably cost about $50 more per end. The whole range from Omega to SS use the same size brakes to I believe unless the upgrade option is on there. I think there is an upgrade option I'm not sure.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bendix Replacements are DB1765 for fronts and DB1766 for the rears. The General CT pads are a good replacement for them.

As for the originals they will cost you a bit and are made by AC Delco. On average they will probably cost about $50 more per end. The whole range from Omega to SS use the same size brakes to I believe unless the upgrade option is on there. I think there is an upgrade option I'm not sure.

nope al V6 models get 301mm front and 304mm rear rotors.
all V8 models get 321mm front and 324mm rear rotors. pads are the same size though. i upgraded my SV6 brakes to SS brakes all round as the pads were the same.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Well there you go you learn something new every day. Seems pointless to upgrade the size of the rotor and not the caliper or pad. So your saying that to upgrade to SS spec brakes you just need to do the rotors? Might look into that for my dads car, thanks.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have to upgrade the calipers aswell. they have a longer reach opn them to clear the larger rotors obviously. i also fitted QFM HPX pads when i did the conversion which have about 25% more pad surface area due to using the hole backing plate not 75% of it. why is upgrading rotor size a waste of time? larger rotors equals more torque advantage plus more surface area equals slower heating and faster cooling. if it didn't help think holden would bother doing it?

Lenny66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2007 and VE SV6 SIDI 2010
THanks for the response ...Lads.

I rocked up to holden yesterday and asked for exact replacements for the front, $196 Bucks Baby geeez

I rather like the pad, came down the illawarra highway twists and turns..going really hard TC on alot..and the pads didnt fade...got to the bottom and the smoke..the smell was in the car for an hour..then later i turn the air con on and got another blast...don't quite know how that works..

Lenny