Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VE Mods/Add-ons for more KW's, what have you done?

DJ-Bolan

DJ stands for Dale Joshua
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SV6 VE buying soon!
hey all, i'm planning on getting a VE SV6 ute very soon.

Just wanting to know what is the best value for money VE's mods for manual ute (work for family business).

Let me know what you have done, what you've gotten out of it and what's been effected.

Erh, i want a lot of power mods to boost the kw's, already planning on getting 4" dump pipes, tune (got a tuner mate) and cams done. What else can I do?

What is some cheap effective ways to get more kw's without effecting restrictions for a P plater (red)?

But please throw in some advice for nill restriction drivers as well. I don't mind if some are against the law (for P plates) but are hidden (i,e bore heads) etc.

I'm a newbie to this forum but I'm not too new to cars. play nice.

I just sold my 1984 Nissan 300zx so obvious gotta join a new forum.

Cheers.

-D

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
4 inch dump pipe...fully sick!

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Airhammer is the way go for your intake + full exhaust (i say twin 2.5"). Got that on mine and love it! (sounds good and goes harder!)

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Unfortunately in the 6 your options aren't as endless as those of us with the 6.0L. But I am keen to see how you go. A young mate of mine wants to do the same as you and I would be interested to see what results you get

Good luck

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What is some cheap effective ways to get more kw's without effecting restrictions for a P plater (red)?

Vehicles – You must not drive any vehicle with:
Eight or more cylinders (except Diesel).
A turbocharged or supercharged engine (diesel powered engines exempt).
Modifications that increase engine performance.
Any other vehicle identified by the RTA – further details available on the RTA website.

How ####ing hard is it to get this part through the head of P - Plate drivers? Im sure there was an eye test when i got my license, so i know it's not through blindness that they're not seeing this part of the rules. Maybe common sense and comprehension arent being taught anymore in our school systems?

I mean...god damn, how hard is it to read that sentence and understand what it means? Every ####ing week some retard hops on here herp derping about what they can do to there car, while getting around the law.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Rules are made to be broken, get off your high horse mate! let him do what he wants he should be getting advice here not being shut down!

I have Xforce 2.25" not loud but very good sound does make noise when you put your foot down...
Airhammer/Growler intake

Airhammer- More power
Growler - Better sound.....
I have both haha.... Airhammer to the Growler box so it sounds wicked with the power gain!

Tune would be good idea.... im getting mine done shortly
Smaller diff ratio as well will help if you want to go further.....

Headers and highflow cats are an option however they sound a bit average.... having said that i have not heard a SIDI motor with headers or cats in the flesh.... so it may be a different story!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I reckon it sounds much better with the extractors. I did a 30 second in car vid thru a twisty section other day if anybody interested in the in-cab sound I'll throw it on u-tube. Also did a new 0-100....unfortunately now the 3.7 diff in have to change to 3rd at about 90km/h so still takes about 7 seconds to 100 but 0-90 is 6 seconds. Go the diff change though!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Rules are made to be broken, get off your high horse mate! let him do what he wants he should be getting advice here not being shut down!

I have Xforce 2.25" not loud but very good sound does make noise when you put your foot down...
Airhammer/Growler intake

Airhammer- More power
Growler - Better sound.....
I have both haha.... Airhammer to the Growler box so it sounds wicked with the power gain!

Tune would be good idea.... im getting mine done shortly
Smaller diff ratio as well will help if you want to go further.....

Headers and highflow cats are an option however they sound a bit average.... having said that i have not heard a SIDI motor with headers or cats in the flesh.... so it may be a different story!

Herp a Derp, mate that's a pathetic attitude. Go and fix it if you ever want a scrap of intelligence.

FFS at this mother ####ing question. There are no performance enhancing modifications that are LEGAL on P Plates...to be 100% legal, the car has to be 100% driveline stock. PERIOD.

In terms of mods, there are plenty of threads about, I suggest doing a search and having a read through them.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Im on P's never been pulled over in my commodore and its definately not standard........ i dont drive like a hero so i think that is a big detterent for cops..... and i dont drive it like i stole it because it acheives nothing around town.... just get caught at the next lights, and its expensive flogging cars!

i just love the way mine has a good note and rides well.... my comment about rules are made to broken is childish however it sh!ts me how as soon as every young driver starts modifying their car they are considered to be a hoon when there are drivers out there who just appreciate a nice sports car to drive around!