Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VE Mods/Add-ons for more KW's, what have you done?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Im on P's never been pulled over in my commodore and its definately not standard........ i dont drive like a hero so i think that is a big detterent for cops..... and i dont drive it like i stole it because it acheives nothing around town.... just get caught at the next lights, and its expensive flogging cars!

i just love the way mine has a good note and rides well.... my comment about rules are made to broken is childish however it sh!ts me how as soon as every young driver starts modifying their car they are considered to be a hoon when there are drivers out there who just appreciate a nice sports car to drive around!

Well, you got the childish comment bit right.

So, you say that there are "drivers out there who just appreciate a nice sports car to drive around." What the hell is wrong with the car the way the factory built it while you are still learning to drive? It has nearly 200 kw and 6 speeds, 18's, good seats, not bad for a beginner driver. Hell of a lot nicer than my first car - probably even nicer than my 20th car that I'm driving now.

The only reason that P platers want to modify their cars illegally, is to do illegal things with them. You don't like it - tough, but the law is actually intended to save you from yourself, not to make your life sad.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
im fine with myself....... i know my limits. i dont exceed them.......i dont try to..... im only standing up for myself. cos i dont do burnouts or need to save myself from my own behaviour... i need to watch out every other turkey on the road.

I love my car as standard it was standard for 6 months... Cars are my passion i like fiddling and modifying.... it looks good and i like being different.... the performance gain is only minimal. and im looking for driveability which i have... i dont know why im justifying myself on a Car forum........

DJ-Bolan

DJ stands for Dale Joshua
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SV6 VE buying soon!
How ####ing hard is it to get this part through the head of P - Plate drivers? Im sure there was an eye test when i got my license, so i know it's not through blindness that they're not seeing this part of the rules. Maybe common sense and comprehension arent being taught anymore in our school systems?

I mean...god damn, how hard is it to read that sentence and understand what it means? Every ####ing week some retard hops on here herp derping about what they can do to there car, while getting around the law.

if i'm paying for the car, i can pretty much do whatever i want to it. so you're telling me you've never done any illegal things in your life? not even once? bullcock. even though those rules were set in place for others safety. so don't be a hypocrite.

if i want to be a herp derping and i quote "retard" i'll just get a turbo exemption as my cousin did and get a "fully sik" xr6 turbo. (family sign business - need to tow cranes) and obviously a 6 in 1st or second could barely pull a 2 tonne crane without staining the #### out of the engine. and power mods only work if you want them to work.

so shush with your negativity.

-D

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
if i'm paying for the car, i can pretty much do whatever i want to it. so you're telling me you've never done any illegal things in your life? not even once? bullcock. even though those rules were set in place for others safety. so don't be a hypocrite.

if i want to be a herp derping and i quote "retard" i'll just get a turbo exemption as my cousin did and get a "fully sik" xr6 turbo. (family sign business - need to tow cranes) and obviously a 6 in 1st or second could barely pull a 2 tonne crane without staining the #### out of the engine. and power mods only work if you want them to work.

-D

You got bagged out because your original question asked what Performance Enhancing Modifications can you do to your car, regardless of being Illegal, and wanting one's that won't be seen. There is herp a derp right there mate, if your going to modify your car, chances are something will be illegal in some way shape or form, it's a given. But you want yours so that you can get around your license requirements when for once, the Government introduced a law that point blankly stated itself 'NO PERFORMANCE ENHANCING MODIFICATIONS'

Go ahead and modify your car so it's more powerful mate, by all means. But don't feed us the bullshit about wanting it to be hidden and to get around your license requirements. Modify your car? Be prepared to accept the consequences, primarily due to your license conditions. We've had a million and 1 kids come here and ask the same question, and they cop the same flak as you just did.

Get an exemption when you don't need one? Yeah go ahead and dodge the system, you get caught, you get ####ed.

I disagree with the laws, but you got to deal with them mate, unless your writing letter to your MP about why they're a bad law. Just sit back and deal with it.

/End Rant.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
lol ....... im just waiting for the:

"Wait until you get a V8" comment to come along....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Rules are made to be broken, get off your high horse mate! let him do what he wants he should be getting advice here not being shut down!

I have Xforce 2.25" not loud but very good sound does make noise when you put your foot down...
Airhammer/Growler intake

I've heard your car. It sounds like a wet fart.

if i'm paying for the car, i can pretty much do whatever i want to it.

Nice logic "Sorry Mr Policeman, i bought this gun, so i can shoot whoever i want with it"

so you're telling me you've never done any illegal things in your life? not even once? bullcock. even though those rules were set in place for others safety.
Yes, i will admit that i stole a redskin from K-Mart once from the big Lolly Tubs, and the safety of all the other redskins was put at jeopardy, you're right. naughty me.

so don't be a hypocrite.
Im not the one asking on a public forum how to break the law?

if i want to be a herp derping and i quote "retard" i'll just get a turbo exemption as my cousin did and get a "fully sik" xr6 turbo. (family sign business - need to tow cranes) and obviously a 6 in 1st or second could barely pull a 2 tonne crane without staining the #### out of the engine.
Whatever you need to do to get your fully sick 4 inch dumped exhaust i guess

Negativity? It's reality mate.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nah, no "get a V8" comments from me. He can kill himself with his modded V6 just as easily.

To the OP. You come onto the forum and ask people for advice on how to break the law. Why wouldn't you cop crap from us? And yeah, we probably did illegal things in our early days. The difference is, we didn't ask for advice how to do it on the internet.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
When have you heard my car cheif? i dont know you from a bar of soap....

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
hey its all well and good to not be a hoon or whatever when ur on ur Ps but if u get into an accident, whether its ur fault or not, when the insurance company assesses ur car this is how the convo will go

"ok so lets see whats damaged here, hmm air intake...exhaust (whatever size it is) ok that can be fixed....hmmmm i see ur on ur Ps"

"yes"

*assessor tears up paper and walks away*

(obviously it wouldnt go exactly like that, but the end result would be the same)

if ur willing to take the risk good luck to u

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Erh, i want a lot of power mods to boost the kw's, already planning on getting 4" dump pipes, tune (got a tuner mate) and cams done.

excuse me?