Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VF Commdore - Wagon or Sedan?

jacobau

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Sorry if this kind of post is not allowed, I wanted to inquire about buying a used commodore.
I am looking at buying a used commodore for my first car, I currently have my Green P's (in WA - so no big restrictions). I have checked insurance and everything like that I just need some help when it comes to choosing the car. I have been looking at the VF SV6 commodores (2014 - 2017). I really like the car and have had a look at different listings but just need help with deciding between a Sedan or Wagon.
I really enjoy the idea of a wagon with fold down seats and bigger boot space but also like the look of the sedan and was just wanting to know what would you recommend?
Also do the SV6 VF's have any major or known problems with them?
Thanks in Advance.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I sleep in the back of my VF SV6 wagon when I'm travelling, and can't make it back to base before getting too tired. Plenty of room with the rear seats folded down. You could have a party in there.

jacobau

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I sleep in the back of my VF SV6 wagon when I'm travelling, and can't make it back to base before getting too tired. Plenty of room with the rear seats folded down. You could have a party in there.
This is what I was thinking, do you go off road or just where the loose tracks are? And do you have a mattress in the back or just sleep on the back 'floor.' How is parking?

Sorry about all the questions, I am just trying to suss out my options. Thanks in advance.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
How you plan to use the car will answer your own question....

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is what I was thinking, do you go off road or just where the loose tracks are? And do you have a mattress in the back or just sleep on the back 'floor.' How is parking?

Sorry about all the questions, I am just trying to suss out my options. Thanks in advance.

No, I do not go off road or on tracks, save for those roads that are well within the normal driving remit of this car, which is not a 4WD nor a Bushmaster. But the VF is not afraid of gravel roads.

The VFII SV6 has auto park assist, and can park itself parallel or in reverse, with driver prompts (audio and visual). Manual parking is not a problem for experienced drivers. Steering is light and agile, and weighted to speed: light and easy at low speed and for parking, a little more weighted at freeway speeds.

I have a Sea-to-Summit self-inflating mattress for the folded down seats, an inflatable pillow and my sleeping bag. Oh, and a tablet with 1 gigglebite of data for watching SBS ON DEMAND! I will probably sleep in my alpine-rated tent during the winter months - - warmer and even more room!!

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
No, I do not go off road or on tracks, save for those roads that are well withon the normal driving rit of this car, which is not. 4WD nor a Bushmaster.

The VFII has auto Prk assist and can park itself parallel or in reverse, with driver prompts (audio and visual). Steering is light and agile and weighted to speed: light and easy at low speed and for parking, a little more weighted at freeway speeds.

I have a Sea-to-Summit self-inflating mattress for the folded down seats and an inflatable pillow and my sleeping bag. Oh, and a tablet with 1 gigglebite of data for watching SBS ON Demand. I will probably sleep in my alpine-rated tent during the winter months - - even more room!!
Gigglebit

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
This question is suitable for shitbook I mean Facebook. Aka what exhaust is best for my sv6?

The stock "wide bore" exhausts it comes with work fine. Makes no noise at all... :p

jacobau

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Thanks all for the replies. I think I might go with a Wagon, For the same price they seem to be the obvious choice. Whats Fuel Like? And what fuel type do you run?