Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VF Commdore - Wagon or Sedan?

jacobau

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I am not too worried about the fancy features of the car (maps, hud etc). I think the wagon would be best by the sounds of things, considering the room in the back even when the seats are up. I didn’t really like the lowest model with the 3.0 ltr but I think the sv6 is the best suited.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yes, definitely go the SV6 over the Omega if you can. One thing about VF (and VE for that matter) is that the Sportwagon looks the same from the rear (apart from the exhausts and badging of course) across the entire series range. I did often wonder whether Holden could have dialled in a bit of differentiation between models..particularly the sporty V8s & luxury CalaisV. Apart from this though, the Omega will always look and feel a good bit more basic as you would expect.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Yes, definitely go the SV6 over the Omega if you can. One thing about VF (and VE for that matter) is that the Sportwagon looks the same from the rear (apart from the exhausts and badging of course) across the entire series range. I did often wonder whether Holden could have dialled in a bit of differentiation between models..particularly the sporty V8s & luxury CalaisV. Apart from this though, the Omega will always look and feel a good bit more basic as you would expect.
There was a difference between ve and vf being the rear diffuser, then obviously series 2 vf got the new lights

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
There was a difference between ve and vf being the rear diffuser, then obviously series 2 vf got the new lights
Yes, sorry this is what I tried to allude to and probably should have said...across EACH series range...
Cheers!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

The VE OMEGA from 2009 (wagon) is one very basic and barebones car inside, sat beside the giant leap that Holden made with the VF Sportwagon. True, they do appear to look similar to first-time viewers, but a closer look is warranted. The VFSII got LED taillights. My chief irriration with the VE OMEGA was the position of the bright blue-green centre console display; it was annoyingly distracting, especially to back seat passengers, who incidentally often ended up with sore thighs from the steeply raked seats. And let's not get started on that dreadful handbrake design...

Last edited: