Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 wheel squeak?

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Ive got the same problem with my VZ SV6 but i think its the front on mine because when i turn left it goes away but when i turn right it gets even louder. any speed will do it but braking stops it. im thinking brake pads which ill get done on the next service. but if its still there ide like to know what to do.
Cheers

Willo

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
your pad is rubbing. Think about what side it squeaks and what turn makes it worse, then think about what cornering will do to your wheel. That should tell you what pad is rubbing.

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Its the right one, and its when i turn right it gets worse but left will stop it.

pau13z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6L
Just an FYI the whole WD40 thing... I've heard of this done before, and it doesn't have to be WD40, it can be any oil really. It's supposed to be applied to the REAR of the pad, not the pad surface. This will allow the rear of the pad to move slightly on the piston and not rub without lubricant. This stops squealing from this location. You need to remember that squealing isn't only caused by the pad vibrating/contacting with the rotor.

The other option to stop this and probably the more effective/long lasting is what 55ZED mentioned, you can get stuff called CRC Disk Brake Quiet which you apply to the rear of the pad and it acts like a glue which holds the pad to the piston so it doesn't flop around.