Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 with Red Hot SSV Interior. Opinions?

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Hey everyone,

After making a whole list off mods that I'll be doing as soon as Uni exams are over, I have started to reconsider the SSV interior for my Nickel (Silver) 07 SV6. As I have the Onyx black leather interior as opposed to the cloth black with red inserts I am trying to figure out whether the Red Hot Dash, Glove Box and Knee Bolster would suit the black leather seats as I want to throw a bit of colour into the plain black interior.

Here's an example from an SSV ute, although obviously my seats don't have the red leather inserts. Also I'll have an SSV head unit and red leather gear knob in the mix as well.

So what do you guys think, without taking price into account, just on looks?

Attachments

• 2007-Holden-VE-SS-V-Ute-Interior-1280x960.jpg
    2007-Holden-VE-SS-V-Ute-Interior-1280x960.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17,680

VE_SS_V8

Lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan, 57 Chev Belair, Harley Davidson
+1
Maybe just just use the red gear knob and get a set of Red Hot dash strips for a bit of 'SUBTLE' color !

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Thats why I bought the SS instead of the V - I prefer red on the outside, it's your money and you have to live with it. Then again I'm over 40 - you are prolly under 25 ;-)

Cheers John

jaffassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I was after an ssv because of the extras that it came with over a normal ss. The one I bought happened to have the dash and interior like that too. Wasn't sure at first but love it now.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeah not a fan of the red plastic trim or the red inserts. Looks like an afterthought to me. The cars that work with a colourful interior REALLY work (think TT RS with the red trim). Commodores look better with black on black trim as far as I'm concerned. Keep the colour for the outside.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I agree with the above post, imho it's overkill. I think the seats look nice though.

Would have been handy if they had kept that up.

Cheers.

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
I think if your going for the red theme, you need to apply it subtley, not over do it like in the picture. Interior is such a tricky beast, as getting the right balance from "nice" to "wtf were you smoking" can be difficult. My advice is photoshop is your friend, take a pic of your interior and then play around with it from there, till you get what your after. Ultimately, your choice though, cause what I like and what you like might be the extreme opposites.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
To each their own. I'm over 40 and I love the red interior!