Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Svs Not oil pressure sensor

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hey all im a newbie here,

I’ve got the service vehicle soon message come up on my 2012 ve sv6 z series. I’ve taken it to the mechanic and he had a scan & look over & the oil pressure sensor fault came up, so he has replaced it to a new one(good brand one he’s used multiple times) but I am still getting the service vehicle soon warning. He has cleared all faults and reset the system but still won’t go away? I’ve tried looking through threads on here but all I can seem to find is the oil sensor. Has anyone got any ideas on what else to look for or what it could be? Battery volts are a bit down (11.9V) according to the computer, could that maybe be it? Not sure what else to look for.

Cheers all, any help would be appreciated

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey all im a newbie here,

I’ve got the service vehicle soon message come up on my 2012 ve sv6 z series. I’ve taken it to the mechanic and he had a scan & look over & the oil pressure sensor fault came up, so he has replaced it to a new one(good brand one he’s used multiple times) but I am still getting the service vehicle soon warning. He has cleared all faults and reset the system but still won’t go away? I’ve tried looking through threads on here but all I can seem to find is the oil sensor. Has anyone got any ideas on what else to look for or what it could be? Battery volts are a bit down (11.9V) according to the computer, could that maybe be it? Not sure what else to look for.

Cheers all, any help would be appreciated

I don't think it will cause the problem, but the battery voltage should be higher than it is.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
is it simply due for service and needs to be reset

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
I was looking into getting a new battery also, just haven’t had the time lately, any recommendations for a decent one? Was thinking along the lines of supercharge? I have just bought it from Honda dealership with a fresh service, they told me to go to Holden for them to reset the svs but Holden want to charge me 160$ just to put it on the computer‍♂️

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Got a new battery & sadly that didn’t solve the issue, if anyone else had any other ideas on what to look for it would be much appreciated, cheers all

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what exactly does message say
does it come up immediately or after a drive

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
“Service vehicle soon” comes up as soon as I turn the ignition whether I put it on accessories or crank it over comes up every time

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
It’s not the service reminder sadly, it’s service vehicle soon so it can’t be cleared that way sadly