Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVS (service vehicle soon) H E L P - S O S

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
no the scanning cost me 22 $ ( U S dollars ) but the part 28$ ( U S dollars ) was Mexican made from the ACDeloc company. hehe and I was thinking am the one who got ripped off :lmao: . well hope we don't have to pay more for our cars.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
just as a note for next time, the trouble code display in the dash only shows errors for the instrument cluster, it dosnt show errors for other modules in the car

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
Would you mind sharing with us where you obtained an Oil Pressure Switch for $US28

hehe am not an Aussie am from KSA ( kingdom of Saudi Arabia )

U know that they advertise Holden`s as Chevy`s in the mid east check the attachment u will LOL soo hard

Attachments

• DSC00190.jpg
    DSC00190.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 831

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The discrepancy in price between Saudi Arabia and Australia for this common dud part is disgraceful. $US28 is only about $AU32, yet we pay an additional hundred bucks for the privelage of buying a part that is obviously poorly designed and, being manufactured in Mexico, would be as cheap as chips to make.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
The discrepancy in price between Saudi Arabia and Australia for this common dud part is disgraceful. $US28 is only about $AU32, yet we pay an additional hundred bucks for the privelage of buying a part that is obviously poorly designed and, being manufactured in Mexico, would be as cheap as chips to make.

Shop around... when I bought mine I was originally quoted ~$160 from the holden dealer, I told him that was too much and was put on hold, he came back to say he could do it for about $120, I said that was still too much, put on hold again and he came back once again to say it was actually $65. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know... but $65 is much better than the $120 average that most people have paid. Still getting ripped though if the same part is being sold overseas for less than half the price we're paying.

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais

bare with me here sir so ur saying the parts that I bought is bad quality ?:bomb:well thats bad I dont want my sensor failing to tell me that I have some oil pressure problem .

but still if u think about it the man power in Mexico is cheap right ?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
bare with me here sir so ur saying the parts that I bought is bad quality ?:bomb:well thats bad I dont want my sensor failing to tell me that I have some oil pressure problem .

but still if u think about it the man power in Mexico is cheap right ?

He's saying the part that Holden use is poor quality. Don't stress... it's the same part we've all got in our Holden's. The complaint is that they are charging way too much for a poor quality part that is prone to failing.

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
I just priced up a sensor at autobarn, $70 for a VDO one and $23 for the socket, only need the socket for the OEM not for the new VDO one, and VDO makes quality stuff I use alot of there gear at work.

Last edited:

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
If its not the sensor as 88 has suggested have you recently got a OTRCAI ? just asking because when I brought and installed a "Maf/mafless" version 5 days later I got the same warning.

i put the 'growler kit' on my vz ss and got a tune the same day and since then, EVERY time i start my car i get the "service vehicle soon" display.. and i have reset it a few times.

is it reading too much air or something because the stock airbox has been replaced??? at start up is the only time i get this.

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
Did you get a mafless tune or maf tune, if it was mafless then the high flow of air wont be the factor because thats now been taken out of the equation (if its been tuned right). You might be up for a sensor like the OP (and now me). I know mine comes up when I cane it and sometimes it very quickly comes up on start up, but its so quick most of the time I only hear the start of the beeping and thats it.
If in doubt ask your tuner.

i put the 'growler kit' on my vz ss and got a tune the same day and since then, EVERY time i start my car i get the "service vehicle soon" display.. and i have reset it a few times.

is it reading too much air or something because the stock airbox has been replaced??? at start up is the only time i get this.