Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVS

Mob Marley

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden Acclaimed Station Wagon VZ
SVS signal keeps coming on when i have come to a stop and been sitting for 2-3 seconds then goes away again after i accelerate the it has been doing this for a couple months. it's had a full service and still can figure it out any idea's

Mob Marley

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden Acclaimed Station Wagon VZ
SVS signal keeps coming on when i have come to a stop and been sitting for 2-3 seconds then goes away again after i accelerate the it has been doing this for a couple months. it's had a full service and still can figure it out any idea's
And i have running a test and comes back with no issues

Navjeetsingh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 commodore lumina
Sa
Same problem with my car.

Navjeetsingh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 commodore lumina

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I would try another one. They are very fussy things. Last one I put in gave up the ghost almost immediately, and it is by no means inconceivable you got a dud.

Get your oil pickup cleaned too, because it was a blocked oil pickup that set mine off last time around. Sump off for that. There are excellent instructions in the how-to if you do things yourself. Don't listen to the griping about the difficulty, because it is pretty easy and straightforward. It will only cost you a few bucks for a tube of silicone gasket.

The switch never came good after pickup cleaning with mine. Even though it was near brand new before, I had to replace it.

If not that, the oil pump might be giving out. You have oil pressure issues. I guess you changed the filter when you changed your oil, so that is good.

Are there any noises coming from the engine?

Navjeetsingh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 commodore lumina
I would try another one. They are very fussy things. Last one I put in gave up the ghost almost immediately, and it is by no means inconceivable you got a dud.

Get your oil pickup cleaned too, because it was a blocked oil pickup that set mine off last time around. Sump off for that. There are excellent instructions in the how-to if you do things yourself. Don't listen to the griping about the difficulty, because it is pretty easy and straightforward. It will only cost you a few bucks for a tube of silicone gasket.

The switch never came good after pickup cleaning with mine. Even though it was near brand new before, I had to replace it.

If not that, the oil pump might be giving out. You have oil pressure issues. I guess you changed the filter when you changed your oil, so that is good.

Are there any noises coming from the engine?
No there are not any noise from engine. The only issue with the SVS sign and that creepy noise “beep beep beep”. I will let u know after doing this if it will help me.
Thanks

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Even a brand new one can malfunction. Look at this one. Not even a stain on it. Was only in for a bit. Tried it on two cars now. It sets off SVS.

Slide1.JPG