Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVZ seat q

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Hi.

Recently bought SVZ seats for the VZ wagon & cant seem to be able to remove the rear seat. I can remove the bottom section (where you sit on) but cant remove the backrest. Any ideas?

Also, ive noticed on the front passenger side seat that the SVZ has cut out holes for electric seat controls. is it a pain in the arse to make it an electric seat? there is a cable in place already by looks of it.

Cheers.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey Walt,

Was thinking once u remove the bottom section u should be able to see where the top part is bolted. Not to sure though but i can have a look at my dads VZ wagon when i get home.

If there is already a cable in place! u mite just need the buttons that fit or just go to Holden & ask them. Wish my SV6 had electric Pass seat:(

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi.

Recently bought SVZ seats for the VZ wagon & cant seem to be able to remove the rear seat. I can remove the bottom section (where you sit on) but cant remove the backrest. Any ideas?

Also, ive noticed on the front passenger side seat that the SVZ has cut out holes for electric seat controls. is it a pain in the arse to make it an electric seat? there is a cable in place already by looks of it.

Cheers.

Hi Walt

These are the instructions in the Haynes manual for removing a wagon back seat.

1. Remove cushion (you said you worked that bit out)
2. Remove centre seat belt/seat frame attaching bolt.
3. Unlock and lower rear seat backrest assembly.
4. Remove bolster cushions each side. Use pliers to squeeze and release each top clip. Remove bolster by sliding forward to release lower guide.
5. The back rest must be lowered. Use a screwdriver to release clip on side of backrest.
6. Lift backrest up and pull towards side of vehicle to release other side from pin.

Hope that makes sense - it might be easier to comprehend with the car in front of you.

Regarding electric seat, you could purchase the electric mechanism for a passengers seat as an assembly but it would be expensive. Might be easier to buy a wrecked Calais seat and take the mounting bracket and motor assembly from that.

I doubt that the wiring for an electric seat is there already in your car - it wasn't in my VY 2 Berlina, but it's easy to run a set of wires across the floor from the driver's seat connections. The factory wiring for both power seats ran this way, not down eaither side of the floor.

Good luck.

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Hi Walt

These are the instructions in the Haynes manual for removing a wagon back seat.

1. Remove cushion (you said you worked that bit out)
2. Remove centre seat belt/seat frame attaching bolt.
3. Unlock and lower rear seat backrest assembly.
4. Remove bolster cushions each side. Use pliers to squeeze and release each top clip. Remove bolster by sliding forward to release lower guide.
5. The back rest must be lowered. Use a screwdriver to release clip on side of backrest.
6. Lift backrest up and pull towards side of vehicle to release other side from pin.

Hope that makes sense - it might be easier to comprehend with the car in front of you.

Regarding electric seat, you could purchase the electric mechanism for a passengers seat as an assembly but it would be expensive. Might be easier to buy a wrecked Calais seat and take the mounting bracket and motor assembly from that.

I doubt that the wiring for an electric seat is there already in your car - it wasn't in my VY 2 Berlina, but it's easy to run a set of wires across the floor from the driver's seat connections. The factory wiring for both power seats ran this way, not down eaither side of the floor.

Good luck.

Cheers Calaber. That makes sense, ill memorise it & have a go @ a later stage. When im done ill update my ride ;)

as for the electric seats ill see how i go when i visit the wreckers next. just surprised that there was space provided already for the electrics Kool!