Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVZ turning off and on while driving

Menace87

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ ute
Hey guys and girls I have a problem I have a 2007 SVZ ute 6 speed and when it is cold while driving it keeps cutting out and the turning back on but once warm it’s fine also it keeps displaying different error codes ie( check powertrain , service soon , check alternator , srs , there are a few more ) any help would be much let appreciated cheers

Aussiemate4567

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz S ute
Sounds to me like it could be an ecu problem, but the best thing you can do is get it scanned with a good diagnostic tool and talk to a mechanic as they will likely have a much better idea once they scan it

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, +1 to scan for codes (though it sounds like you’re flooded with DTC’s).

Do you get engine cutout and dark dash occurring?

GM had a huge issue with their steering locks where people who had lots of keys hanging off their ignition key could loose power on hitting a bump in the road. The ignition lock was quietly redesigned and assigned the same part number :eek: Class action ensured :rolleyes:

So, in the USA, its probably a good idea not to have all your keys hanging off you ringing ion key ;)

Heck, just from a safety perspective i5 isn’t a great idea having dangling keys (don’t ask me how I know though I will say I’ve still got a limp when it’s cold and humid) :oops:

I don't believe this USA issue (LHD) was ever an aussie issue (RHD) but it could be something to consider... Try wiggling the key on a very quiet section of road and see if the problem occurs.. Oh and don’t keep all your keys handing from the ignition, if your in a sever accident, knees and knees don’t mix well (again don’t ask)... ;)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I noticed on my Cross 8, the plastic housing for the security ring can move back further than ideal if it’s inadvertently bumped.