Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] swap VT-VZ REAR ultra lows for super lows

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
I've just recently got a VT which has super low fronts with ultra low rears (done by previous owner very recently). car looks great, but i've decided it doesn't have enough ground clearance at the back for the places i need to drive, eg: my girlfriend lives on a steep dirt road, etc.

So, I am willing to swap just my REAR king ultra lows, for some REAR king super lows.

my ultra low rears are virtually brand new and have only travelled a couple of thousand kilometres on the car, so I'm looking to swap them for some new or near new super low springs to raise the back a touch.

I'll find out the part numbers if required, and i'll try and get a photo of my VT to show what it looks like on its suspension.

I am located in Ringwood (eastern suburbs), VIC.

cheers,
James

*** EDIT: the part number for my rear king "ultra lows" is KHRL-46SLHD.
I'm after rear king springs, (part number: KHRL-46HD) which for a VT-VZ sedan is "super low" according to the king spring catalogue. ***
http://www.kingsprings.com/catalogue/Kings%20Superlow%20Caralogue%20040203.pdf

Last edited:

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
here's a photo of the VT sitting on king springs - super low fronts & ultra low rears

3538436890_9e19ecf423.jpg

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
~ bump ~

I've got a set of spring compressors which makes it very easy to swap rear springs without the need to undo shocks etc.

I am willing to meet somewhere and help put some 'king ultralows' in a car in exchange for some 'king superlows' if anyone wants to lower their car a touch more.

cheers.

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Tight looking car man, and hey, i would just use it as an excuse to bail out on your girlfriend.

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
lol, thanks. but my girlfriend comes before the car any day :)

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
yeah i might be interested man, i live in eltham, not too far. could you find out the part number for me. and email me?
[email protected]

VT9C1-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 9C1
hi there mate i have super low kings in my vt, ill swap ya asap for the ultras, ill even do the swap for u

here is a pic of how my vt sits with them

also remember mine has ss skirts

but look at the diffrence btween the hieght of the tyre to the guard btween my photo and yours

swtokiez.jpg

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
hey, cool sounds good. my number is 0425 710 767. give me a call or msg me back and we'll arrange a time. sometime on sat would work for me.

cheers,
James