Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swap

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
Good morning ladies and gentlemen I was just wondering what is the best way to put a car in your name when swapping with someone else? When I bought my car the Service SA form didn't ask me for my mode of purchase only how much I paid for it any help is greatly appreciated cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Even though you have had no money change hands, you have purchased the car at the value of your car you are swapping or the car you are receiving, so the purchase price is that value.
In Qld we only have to put down the value we believe the car to be worth and hence pay stamp duty on that value.
And if we ask advice from the transport counter staff, we are simply told put down whatever you like.
Legally I believe we are supposed to put down the purchase price, which a lot of people smudge a little or a lot, and keep in mind the value does not include 10% for gst nor the value of rego, it is the value of the car only.
This is not to be taken as legal advice, you should do your own due diligence.