Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapped vz V6 from wagon

Ashman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz one toner V6 2005
Hey having a bit of trouble wondering if anyone knows of a simple solution, I have put a used wagon vz V6 2005 engine into my one toner shell ( same year and model) as the original engine was blown, I used the original ECU from the wagon it did not start, I then put the utes ECU and it ran I came back later that day and couldn’t get it to start at all. Is this a job for a auto electrician? Wagons ECU just says service vehicle.
cheers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Probably would of been better to leave the original Loom & ECU, and just repalce the Engine,
pending it was the exact same model engine, it should of fired up ok.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It didn't start because there was mismatching VIN data between the BCM, PIM, and ECM. Engine immobilised as designed. Make sure you have swapped your old sensors over as well. Particularly the cam sensors.

Ashman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz one toner V6 2005
Cheers guys, everything from the one toner Ute has been put in and when the key is turned it says on the dash fuel gage error contact dealer, weird thing is I had it started yesterday and everything was fine ?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have this issue with Father in-laws VZ.

Could be faulty ECU.

Ours started after the car wasn’t used for a while.

I’m going to go through and check the pins in the connectors for looseness. They can look alright but if one has opened up a bit, the connection can be poor.

You’ll start yours by jumping the starter relay.

Remove the starter relay. Use a 30 amp wire with a flat spade connector on each end to go into two pin locations on the relay block. Start the car and pull the wire to stop the starter from turning.

I’ll find a photo.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It could also be a conflict with the BCM. For what ever reason the BCM not happy with the coding on the key and doing its job not starting the car. My issue with this theory is why the dash faults? Also the key will open the doors fine.

Anyway. Jump the starter and you’ll have all the dash stuff disappear and the car runs fine.

Minor check is to give the key reader around the ignition a clean and make sure it’s springy.

Check the earth on the ignition barrel. Make sure it’s tight.

How to start it.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-exec-no-start-no-fuel-pump-fuel-gauge-error.282392/

Last edited: