Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapping chrome window surround for black on a redline wagon

IAmJules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Took my car in for a service yesterday and while it was there I asked about getting the chrome trim around the windows replaced with black. This was their quote:

72083bfd-38a6-4dfa-9695-607a552a670a_zpsgcakjq4z.jpg

$677 dollars!!! Apparently on a wagon the rear quarter panels need to be completely replaced. Guess I'll be sticking with the chrome finish then.

IAmJules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Yup and yup.

I might look to see if I can get just window surrounds wrapped instead or save the money and put it towards some other mods.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
should have asked for it when you ordered (excuse if you bought used) but prices sound right to me.

boz

Reaction score
I had a '16 VFII Redline Wagon (silver) window blackout done when I bought the car. Cost me $380 parts and labour for the window trim. The wagon is a bit difficult as the rear side windows need to be removed to do the job properly, and tint reapplied. This was all baked into the cost above.

Getting the OEM pieces fitted is a much better option than wrapping. I had a Jeep SRT and had the window trim wrapped in a high quality 3M vinyl. looked like **** after 3 months in the weather.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
boz, you probably got a discount because the dealer was bargaining for the business.

Those prices really don't look that high for OEM parts ...

boz

Reaction score
boz, you probably got a discount because the dealer was bargaining for the business.

Those prices really don't look that high for OEM parts ...
You're right ... I got most of my accessories at cost. EOFY bargains :)