Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapping highrise intake for stock

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
Hi all I've recently bought a vs calais with a high rise intake and a maffless tune. I need to get rid of the highrise but every place I've called says they can't tune the car to the stock intake because of its mafless tune, so I was thinking of swapping the intake manifold and ecu out for stock ones so I can get some more work done and not worry about not being able to tune it. Every tune shop says they can't help me as soon as I mention the mafless tune, something about they ont have the tech. Don't know a lot about the subject but I'm confident someone on here will know

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Easy solution is fit a MAF and buy a mail order tune from someone like Mace. You don't need to swap PCM unless it's not a stock VS one.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Easy solution is fit a MAF and buy a mail order tune from someone like Mace. You don't need to swap PCM unless it's not a stock VS one.

That depends on how the wiring for the MAP sensor has been done. I'm not sure if both the MAF and MAP sensor would be wired and work on a MAP conversion.

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
Would something like this do?
Screenshot_20200928-223106_eBay.jpg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would something like this do?

eBay tunes are literal garbage. You need to answer some of the questions that have been asked in your other thread, otherwise everything everybody says is just guessing and we can't help you.

Get a picture of the ECU and the label. Open the ECU and get a picture of the chip. Without a lot of this the only answer that will cover your bases will be for you to get another complete loom and ECU and just use those. TBH it would probably be easier than trying to dick around with the unknown MAP wiring if you're not able to trace stuff out.

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
eBay tunes are literal garbage. You need to answer some of the questions that have been asked in your other thread, otherwise everything everybody says is just guessing and we can't help you.

Get a picture of the ECU and the label. Open the ECU and get a picture of the chip. Without a lot of this the only answer that will cover your bases will be for you to get another complete loom and ECU and just use those. TBH it would probably be easier than trying to dick around with the unknown MAP wiring if you're not able to trace stuff out.
Yeah sorry it wouldn't let me upload certain photos for some reason, will reply to all un answered questions thisfternoon. Realy appreciate the help

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Is it a 5l? If so it shouldn't have a MAF as far as I'm aware. I might be wrong and someone might correct me. But VS Calais from memory only had series 2 ECU which was MAP. It was only the series three that had a MAF and if so it's the same software as VT 5l and I think very similar to VT 5.7 LS1.
I may be wrong and you might have a series 3 VS but it's the same PCM as the VT.
My VS is series and uses a MAP.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Would something like this do?View attachment 214752
Is it a 5l? If so it shouldn't have a MAF as far as I'm aware. I might be wrong and someone might correct me. But VS Calais from memory only had series 2 ECU which was MAP. It was only the series three that had a MAF and if so it's the same software as VT 5l and I think very similar to VT 5.7 LS1.
I may be wrong and you might have a series 3 VS but it's the same PCM as the VT.
My VS is series and uses a MAP.
This tells me the OP most likely has a V6.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo