Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapping speedo cluster in vp ute

vpsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP
Can I swap the speedometer cluster in my VP non tacho for one that has a tacho ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
as long as its vn-vp dash it will suit (vr-vs is different) not sure if it will have tacho wire there tho but if u look on the pins u should see if its got a terminal if so then chances are it will work and make sure dash is v6 or v8 tacho to suit

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
as long as its vn-vp dash it will suit (vr-vs is different) not sure if it will have tacho wire there tho but if u look on the pins u should see if its got a terminal if so then chances are it will work and make sure dash is v6 or v8 tacho to suit
Yep , the V6's and V8's have different tacho's and temp gauges. It needs to match your number of cylinders.

On this forum somewhere are instructions for converting a V6 tacho to suit a V8 and make up wiring looms to convert to a level 3 cluster- they're the ones with the trip meters- but unless you want a bit of a technical challenge don't go there.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Can I swap the speedometer cluster in my VP non tacho for one that has a tacho ?
If youre going to do it go all the way with the level 3.. I was telling MikeC that I saw some on ebay just yesterday.

you need the cluster, trip computer switches and 4th connector.. I think the same guy has all the stuff for a conversion