Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sweet exaust???

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
hey fellas!!! :thumbsup: how ya doin??? :D i'm just curious??? i was workin on my vs v6 today with it runnin... and i noticed that the exaust fumes smelt really sweet??? and i mean it smells almost like u could eat it kinda sweet... does ne1 else have this happen with there car??? and what does it mean???

cheers! :w00t:

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
IT MEANS YOU GOT SOME PROBLEMS DOOD!!! haha. That's certainly not right, under no circumstance do you sniff exhaust fumes. If you like the fact of carbon monoxide filling your lungs and entering your blood stream then knock your socks off...just don't expect to be alive after say 5 mins of doing it! As for the sweet smell...i'm not game to even want to attempt!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Maybe you just live in a really REALLY stinky area :) Or someone left their russel coight hamburger on the engine too long.

nado69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
haha, we were in my mates car today... thrashed it a lil, and then the car started to smell like chicken noodle soup :S

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
sweet smell? check for sugar in the fuel tank... haha

but yer...wouldnt have a clue

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
its a vs manual, theres your sweet problem.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
a sweet smell, not usaully from the exhaust can be a very very hot transfluid, mine has a sweet smell to it when it gets a good thrash but i know the tranny is in need of a really good service

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
no i run it on premium... and i dont sniff fumes boojak87... manual commo's kick auto's utility.... and no vr project... theres no sugar in the tank... does ne1 know nething about this or hav any idea???

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
zegerman said:
hey fellas!!! :thumbsup: how ya doin??? :D i'm just curious??? i was workin on my vs v6 today with it runnin... and i noticed that the exaust fumes smelt really sweet??? and i mean it smells almost like u could eat it kinda sweet... does ne1 else have this happen with there car??? and what does it mean???

cheers! :w00t:

I noticed this smell aswell, but I was in a warehouse for a car auction, with about 20 cars running at once and hardly no ventilation.

It was kinda sikly cherryish kinda smell, can't describe it.