Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swine Flu - Over hyped (rant)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Sorry a bit off topic but I can't resist

Hahahahahaha I hope the praying part is just an expression and not literal :p All these years of anti religion posts and u pray, bloody closet bible basher :whistling

Back on topic yeh its stupid media driven paranoia, friggen bird flu, horse flu, mad cow disease, swine flu I same old **** they just change the name of the animal.

I dread the day the "Human Flu" Comes around...

aZk.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
^^^^^ Reminds me of James Bond, Moonraker.

I just hope I have a space ship by then.

ikon5643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 L
Yes as always the media over sensationalises everything

perhaps we all should buy shares in the company that makes "Tamiflu"

i reckon swine flu started when some guy at a night club got a 3 am girl was a bit fat and had a cold....ha ha

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Well said Jester, i agree, most of the deaths are from the eldery or little kids. Two reasons for this also, both the elderly and little kid's immune systems and body's are either worn out or haven't developed properly yet, getting the common cold / flu OR swine flu is a kick in the guts for either. For all of us, it will just be a really bad flu, nothing but normal flu symptoms and a temperature. Dose up on prescribed anti virals if you get it, stay home, battle it out and then you'll be right.

As has been said, they are freaking out because it's a never been seen before strain of flu that is deadly to PIGS, not humans directly. And it's spreading so quickly that yes, technically it IS almost a pandemic, but it's not like you will catch it, get sick, boil up and die.

It's a ****ing flu, everyone has had it. It's just more of a reason to dislike Mexicans for letting it out and infecting everyone anyway :D :p

graemevb

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
The mortailty rate from it is less than 10%... which is exactly the same as the most common strain of the usual flu that goes around.

Hi guys been just reading the forum as a visitor for a while now, joined today.

10% mortality would be an absolute disaster.
From what Ive read the mortality figures for people that are treated for swine flu so far overseas are about 0.4%, whereas normal seasonal flu is about 0.1%, making swine flu potentially four times more deadly.

While the media is going to make a circus out of it either way, it is still a very serious virus and not one to be taken lightly with the approaching winter.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
At first there was a genuine concern that swine flu was dangerous but that was because it did kill some healthy people however these people were in Mexico.
They are practically 3rd world so of course it will affect them badly, the average toddler in Australia would have a better chance of surviving swine flu then a Mexican in there prime due to the conditions they live in.
The media go on about how the swine flu has infected x amount of people in Australia but not 1 Australian has died from it, and there is probably a good chance no one will.

The media are a pack of liars who have turned the news into nothing more than a way to make some easy money, regardless of what "truth" they have to bend.
People who believe everything they read are just as bad if not worse for believing all the crap that the media spew out on a daily basis.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hi guys been just reading the forum as a visitor for a while now, joined today.

10% mortality would be an absolute disaster.
From what Ive read the mortality figures for people that are treated for swine flu so far overseas are about 0.4%, whereas normal seasonal flu is about 0.1%, making swine flu potentially four times more deadly.

While the media is going to make a circus out of it either way, it is still a very serious virus and not one to be taken lightly with the approaching winter.

I stand corrected... I read 0.1 as 10% for noramal flu... missed that it was 0.1%...

While swine flu is apparently between 0.06% and 0.24% percent.

Source:

Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild - Los Angeles Times

Moral of the story still is... the media is causing a massive panic for no reason.

Cheers

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hahahahahaha I hope the praying part is just an expression and not literal :p All these years of anti religion posts and u pray, bloody closet bible basher :whistling .

LMAO good call